Nepal has a rich cultural and natural heritage which is highly desired by many travelers throughout the year. The best season for visiting Nepal will be in springtime. There are also a lot of trekking trails in Nepal, which makes it an ideal destination for trekkers as well. During spring these trails in Nepal offer beautiful views of blooming rhododendron and other beautiful flowers throughout the trekking route.
Nepal- The land of beautiful Himalaya has hundreds of trekking to the mountain base camps and day hikes. Trekking and hiking are the best activities that you can opt for while in Nepal. Nepal witnesses Thousands of visitors every year for hiking and trekking activities.
Even after the 2015 earthquake, Nepal remains the cultural powerhouse of the Himalaya, with an unrivaled collection of world-class palaces, hidden backstreet shrines, and sublime temple art. An enthralling experience to be with nature! Undoubtedly, Nepal is the world’s most alluring country to try some adventure activities.
The capital of Nepal is Kathmandu. The major languages spoken in Nepal are Nepali, English, and Hindi. You will be surprised to know that Nepal has about 101 ethnic groups speaking over 92 languages. The Northern part of Nepal has Tibetan-speaking groups such as the Sherpas, Lopas, and Dolpapas.
More than 50 festivals are celebrated every year in Nepal. Did you know that gambling is legal in Nepal? People gamble during these festivals in Nepal.
Read more on Nepal
By Air: The main entry point for those arriving by air to Nepal is Nepal's Tribhuvan International Airport located in the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu.
By Rail: Nepal is not accessible by train.
By Bus: Nepal is accessible by bus. The Sunauli-Bhairawa border crossing in Nepal is the closest to Varanasi, the Raxaul-Birganj crossing in Nepal to Patna and Kolkata, and Siliguri- Kakarbhitta(Border town of Nepal) to Darjeeling. The Banbassa-Mahendrenagar border crossing, in the extreme west of Nepal, is the closest to Delhi. The Bahraich-Nepalganj border of Nepal is the one closest to Lucknow, the easiest destination by air or train from Delhi.
Read more on Nepal
The major cities/place to visit in Nepal:
1. Kathmandu, Nepal: The capital of Nepal offers a glimpse of the country’s different aspects, making travellers even greedier for exploration [Read more]
You may also like read: 5 Things Unique To Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
2. Bhaktapur, Nepal: The Bhaktapur Durbar Square in Nepal is one of the best places to see the excellent architecture and carvings of the temple. The time taken to travel from Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal to Bhaktapur is almost twenty minutes [Read more]
3. Patan, Nepal: One of the three royal cities of Nepal, Patan or Lalitpur or Yala is something to feast your eyes on. The time taken to travel from Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal to Patan is almost two hours [Read more]
4. Chitwan, Nepal: Chitwan is located in the southwestern part of Province No. 3 with Bharatpur, the fourth largest city of Nepal, as its district headquarter. The time taken to travel from Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal to Chitwan is almost six hours [Read more]
5. Pokhara, Nepal: Pokhara is the perfect leisure destination in Nepal. Pokhara is popular as the ‘Gateway to Annapurna Circuit’ and offers an incredible opportunity for paragliding like no other destination [Read more]
Here are some breathtaking pictures of Nepal
Pashupathinath Temple situated in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal
Boudhnath Stupa, Nepal
Gokyo Ri, Everest Region, Nepal