The Tindaria Loco Shed in Tindaria was established in the year of 1914/15 approx midway the workshops are below the station. To keep maintaining, and even building, the increasing numbers of locomotives, coaches and wagons the Tindaria Loco Shed was established and a large locomotive shed and an office for engineers are on a separate site. It replaced the cramped facilities around Tindharia loco shed. There are three sidings above the station which are used to inspect the carriage while the locomotive is changed before the train continues towards Darjeeling. The branch line from Siliguri (Panchanai) to Kishenganj is open for Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The loco shed is also relocated from behind the loco shed to a new and extensive site at the Tindharia railway works since they are removing the summit of Selim Hill and the line is now carrying almost 250,000 passengers and approximately 60,000 tons of freight. The freight includes like potatoes 3,824 tons, flour and rice 17,804 tons, tea 5,354 tons, salt, sugar, metals and many more. The staff and the business are also growing hence the headquarters of the railway moves from Darjeeling to more spacious accommodation at Kurseong. The electricity for the whole town is generated by the stationary steam engine under the chimney of the Power House and it also powered the belt-driven machinery in the workshops. Tindharia steam locos is one of the very few in the world where the workshop is full time and where they are completely dismantled, overhauled and rebuilt every 4 years.