HELP FOR ROAD ... Steps to Simplify Travel. Travel is a fact of life, whether for business or for ... For many business people, frequent travel is a frequent event. Over time, seasoned travelers have been able to come up with ways to simplify being on the road.
HELP FOR ROAD WARRIORS
Ten Steps to Simplify Travel
Travel is a fact of life, whether for business or for pleasure. For many business people, frequent travel is a frequent event. Over time, seasoned travelers have been able to come up with ways to simplify being on the road. However, in today’s changing economy, many people are experiencing job and career changes. As a result, the friendly skies are full of those who are new to business travel and finding themselves overwhelmed and exhausted. Here are ten steps to make your travel simpler and less time-consuming.
1. Make a list of all the products you use throughout the course of an average day. (shower gel, deodorant, shampoo, moisturizers, hair spray, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, etc).
2. Take your list with you to the store and purchase one of every product on your list in a trial size. Also buy a small inexpensive hair dryer, a mini shower scrubbie and an extra small comb or brush. At the same time, purchase a travel case large enough to accommodate all these new items.
3. After shopping, put a handful of cotton balls, swabs and safety pins into three separate baggies. Pack your new travel toiletries and your baggies into your travel case and keep it packed this way and stored in your luggage at all times.
4. After you return home from each trip, refill your travel size toiletries then put the newly replenished bag into your suitcase until your next trip. You will never have to pack toiletries for travel, if you always keep this bag packed and ready to go at a moment's notice.
5. Roll clothing into cylinders when packing. It takes up less space and it will help keep wrinkles down. Also, roll socks and underwear up and stuff them inside your shoes. Not only will it make more space in your luggage, but it helps keep your shoes from getting crushed.
6. Pack clothing that resists wrinkling, such as polyester blends, wool blends, microfibers, silk, and rayon. Avoid packing 100% cotton or linen when possible.
7. To avoid having to bring two pairs of dress shoes, choose one neutral color and build your wardrobe around it. Don’t bring outfits based on both black and brown, because then you’ll need both black and brown shoes and belts.
8. Bring one suit and several pieces to change its look. Men can wear the same suit with varying color shirts and ties. Ladies can create several different outfits from just one skirt, one jacket, a pair of coordinating pants, and a few blouses.
9. Call your hotel ahead of time to ask if they will provide personal items such as an iron, clothing steamer, and hair dryer. If so, you?ll have extra room in your luggage for other things.
10. Carry on your important documents; toiletries, medications, and one change of clothes in case your luggage gets lost.
Traveling can be simpler and go smoother if you create an effective travel and packing system and then consistently follow it.
Article Tags: Simplify Travel
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Monica Ricci has been an organizing specialist since 1999, and her motivational presentations teach effective organizing and simplifying techniques for home and work. She also offers free email tips and ideas on how to make life simpler and more organized. Her topics include clutter control, paper management, time management, organizing space and procrastination.Contact Monica at 770-569-2642 or Monica@CatalystOrganizing.com.
By Monica Ricci
Your details are safe with us