Are you planning a trip to Northeast India? Here are some of the tips you should keep in mind:
1. North East is divided into several restricted areas. For Indians, Voter’s /Aadhaar card would be the best identity document to carry for verification. For foreigners, it is mandatory to get an Inner Line Permit.
2. Be familiar with the symptoms of altitude sickness when trekking, and follow the guidelines for safe acclimatization. You should watch what you eat and drink and plan on eating plenty of complex carbohydrates including whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes.
3. Look for freshly-cooked food, and avoid anything that has already been cooked.
4. Always remember to carry a first aid kit. And always seek good guidance from your expert guide.
5. Northeast India is ranked top for being the safest state for women compared all over India. Whether you are planning to travel solo or with family or friends, just pack your bags and visit Northeast India without any worries.
6. While going for adventurous sports (like Rafting and Trekking), or exploring the forest and wildlife sanctuaries, always seek the guidance of an expert guide.