Are you thinking of buying a new leather luggage? These days, most people who are into stylish bags prefer leather luggage sets. The durability of leather has prompted numerous bag companies to use this as their main material in creating travel bags.
Finding a good leather bag can be tricky because of the numerous options you have right now. Here are a couple of tips that can help you identify the best one for your needs:
1. There are different types of leather. Most manufacturing companies use pigskin, cowhide and buffalo. However, you can also find crocodile or snakeskin. Pigskin and cowhide are durable enough. They tend to last for a couple of years. If you are rally after durability, the classic features of crocodile leather can last for a long time.
2. Choose bags that have already been treated and sealed. This way, you wouldn't have to do a lot of treatments to it after you have already bought it. More often than not, treated and sealed bags only need to be conditioned at least once a year. If you don't like to deal with maintenance in the future, you might want to choose those pre-treated and pre-sealed ones.
3. Check the weight. Most luggage sets are a little heavy. They are heavier than canvass bags. You might not be able to tote more stuff as the bag will get heavier. Try to check the weight of the bag when it is empty. Find out if the handle has a good grip so you can easily lift it up.
4. For carry-on bags, choose between braided and un-braided handles. The braided ones are more stylish. However, they tend to unravel when you are carrying heavier weight. On the other hand, it is still more durable than the un-braided ones. The braided ones provide more support to the bag.
5. Choose high-quality plastic zippers. Most leather sets have metal zippers as they look more elegant. Although they are quite durable, they tend to kink after some time. It might be difficult to repair metal zippers.
6. When buying luggage sets with rollers or casters, check if the rollers and casters are replaceable. You would not want to buy expensive leather sets with irreplaceable parts. If they get damaged, you cannot replace them.
Finding the best leather luggage does not have to be daunting. With these tips, you can easily find the best one for your travel needs.