The Gyuto Monastery is one of the main tantric colleges of the Gelug tradition and the Gyuto Monastery was founded in the year of 1475 by Jetsun Kunga Dhondup. The monasteries belong to the Geluk sect practicing tantric Buddhism. The Gyuto Monastery is almost 300 kilometer which is approximately eight and a half hours drive from Itanagar the capital city of Arunachal Pradesh. The Gyuto Monastery is exactly located in Tenzin Gang, Via Bomdila, and Arunachal Pradesh, India. The monks of Gyuto moved to Kalatang, Arunachal Pradesh from Dalhousie in the year of 1974. The monks of the Gyuto monastery used to promote the Gyuto tantric traditions and since the majority of people are Buddhists of that area and they used to get religious and secular services from the monastery. The monks who study Geshe and after completion of geshe studies would be invited to joining Gyuto or Gyume a tantric institution and this tradition is especially followed in Tibet. The monks are called in this tantric institution to receive a firm grounding in Vajrayana practice and both of these monasteries used to be in Lhasa and Tibet and later it was re-established in India also. Before the Gyuto monastery was established in Arunachal Pradesh around 60 Gyuto monks were fled to India in the year 1959 and they were initially gathering in Dalhousie in India. Now the main monastery is based in Sidhbari and nearly 500 monks are there in the entire order. Inside the Gyuto Monastery which was in Lhasa Ramoche Temple is located. The Gyuto monks are known for their tradition of overtone singing, also described as "chordal chanting" which is said to have been transmitted by their founder. It achieved renown in the West following the release of recordings made by David Lewiston in 1974 and in 1986 by Windham Hill Records.
Your details are safe with us