Now-a-days with the increase in the number of working women, there are lots of females who travel to different countries for business purposes alone. It’s quite worrisome when we think about their security in those business trips.
It is necessary for all women travelling to maintain and abide by some security norms whenever they are travelling alone. These tips are a bespoke set of travel guidance points made, keeping in mind the general travel safety rules along with the advices tailored for lone female travelers. Here are some selective guidelines for a lone woman to follow for staying comfortable and secured in a business trip:
- Make sure to have all your paperwork and important documents needed for the journey ready. The time schedule charts, tickets, addresses and details of the pick-up cars are all to be kept handy. Be sure to take a note of the corresponding paperwork of the driver, so that you are confident that it’s your pick-up car only.
- Always try to keep your luggage and bags near you either at the airport, the train or the bus you are travelling in. If you are catching a train keep your belongings in front of you or under the seat instead of the racks for luggage. Keep them locked and chained if required.
- Arrange for an accommodation in a female-friendly hotel. Take references from website testimonials, friends and family to be sure about your stay in a particular hotel. Check if they are harmless, secure and comfortable. Simple checks should be followed at the hotel after you check in, like the double lock on the doors, which ought to be an extra bolt or chain. Avoiding rooms in the ground floor or at the end of a darkened corridor is recommended. If possible look for hotels in your travel destination that are exclusively for women guests are the ones having special floors and rooms for them.
- Try to be in touch with someone, like a friend or relative staying in the city you are travelling to. Existing networks through different social networking sites works a lot in this case. It would be added fun and security to just hang out with them on an off day. Even if you have no one staying in that area, your friend can introduce you to someone really good, who might be around. Even they can suggest you some good meet-up or supper-club or hang out event happening in the area.
- Always carry a big bag to help you change a shoe or clothing if necessary. Running between bus stops, railway stations and airport and even different scheduled meetings can be quite tiresome. Wearing a high heel may make it more difficult, so a quick change of heels to flats would surely be comfortable.
So ladies gear up with the best airfare, some lovely music in your favorite gadget and these security tips and enjoy your travel to the fullest. A business trip can also be comfortable and safe, just remember to always be prepared. Happy traveling.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Martin Luther has performed a series of interview with many online travel agencies around the world. He found that the inquiries and demand for the best airfare to London, Paris and Bangkok are huge, coming from all over the globe.
By MARTIN H LUTHER