Any webmaster should understand the importance of link building, and this method is extremely important with newer sites. Guest blogging can be a great way to build organic links to your website, and this method is fairly simple to do.
To use this method of link building you will go to a specific blog and ask the webmaster for permission to contribute unique content, such as posts on blogs and article contributions. There are a lot of websites and popular blogs that need these contributions and welcome guest blogging when you register with the site. Each contribution that you make as a guest blogger can include a link that goes back to your website. Any content you contribute must be relevant and unique and your website that the links goes to must include quality content that readers find useful.
The 5 Steps Of The Guest Blogging Process
1. Make sure that your website contains a large amount of original and unique content. Your website will be checked by the websites you register as a guest blogger on, and if you do not have adequate quality content the other sites may not want a link to your site included. Your content should show your expertise and skills in the relevant areas. Make sure you have a minimum of 30 posts, and preferably 50 or more, before you attempt guest blogging.
2. Identify your targeted keywords before any attempt is made to be a guest blogger. Once you have identified the possible targeted keywords which are highly relevant to your website you will need to thoroughly research each choice. This will let you choose the most effective keywords for your blog posts and websites. Keywords that are included in your website content and title tags will usually be the most effective.
3. Locate websites which welcome guest bloggers. Make sure that your targeted websites and blogs are relevant to your own site. Look for blogs that share a common niche or concept with your website. A Google search engine query will help you identify websites in your niche that allow content submission. The query can be phrased in a number of ways, including one of the following terms with a + sign and then one of your keyword variations:
- Submit post
- Write for us
- Submit content
- Write post
- Write for our website
Make sure to read all of the policies, terms, conditions, and FAQs of a website before creating any guest blog content to make sure you abide by them.
4. Write top quality, unique, and informative content. Once you have registered as a guest blogger and completely read all of the terms and policies about content contributions for the website you are ready to create your content. Some sites may have a word count requirement or other specific rules that need to be followed while other sites do not. Your content needs to be informative and useful, original and unique, and includes one link back to your website. Once your content is created you need to copy and paste it into the submission form for the blog after saving a copy for yourself.
5. Continue guest blogging while you monitor the progress from your efforts to this point. You may have to wait until your content is approved and published, and it is important that you monitor the progress made. A spreadsheet will help you track your posts, submissions, websites, and other elements so you can see if progress is made. Do not be discouraged by rejection, not all of your posts will normally be accepted. While you monitor your progress make sure you continue the search for other websites that will allow you to guest blog.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mark K Meyer is Search Engine Optimization consultant, specializing in development of Web Marketing strategies for a leading Dallas based SEO company.
By Mark Meyer