Any businesses with employees that travel often can benefit from changing their preferred mode of transport to a town car service or limousine service. The reputation these services have for being expensive is outdated; using a limo or town car service for airport transportation can actually save your company a lot of money in the long run. Here are the top five reasons your company should consider switching to a luxury transportation service.
1. Cut back on wasted time. Although major airports have their own systems for getting travelers into cars, these systems often involve long lines and longer waits, particularly during peak hours. The minutes or hours that your employees spend in line, waiting for a cab, could have been used in a more productive way. If a town car or limo is waiting for them at the airport, you will automatically cut down the amount of time wasted during the trip.
2. Bigger space for bigger groups. Local laws prevent taxi drivers from allowing more than a certain number of passengers in one vehicle, even if it is a larger vehicle such as a minivan. These can also be cramped and uncomfortable when filled to the maximum capacity. In a stretch limo, passenger van, or stretch SUV, groups of up to 14 people may sit comfortably during the drive. Not only will they and their luggage fit in, but they will enjoy the ride in luxury - a great bonus when transporting customers!
3. No need to leave anything to chance. Allowing your employees to find their own way to travel is never a good idea, as it leaves them vulnerable to circumstances beyond their control. Once you've reserved your limo or town car, you have a reliable method of transportation set in place, as well as a firm timetable. This could mean no more late arrivals or missed meetings, and no more flustered employees!
4. Precision budget planning. Taxis and car services charge in completely different ways. A metered taxi charges for both time and distance, after the minimum fee, but a limo or town car has an hourly rate that is easy to find in advance. This can help your accounting department when analyzing the cost of the trip, since you know how much transportation will cost ahead of time. It is also possible to engage in price-matching in order to find the best possible deal.
5. No more taxi surcharges. Different cities have different laws regarding taxi, but most have surcharges for nighttime services, airport trips, and high traffic hours. If you'd like to avoid paying these fees on top of the fare, avoid taxis altogether and go with a car service. They do not have surcharges, and will even go out of their way to stay off bridges at your request, to avoid tolls.
Do the math and you just might see that switching to a town car or limo service could help save your business some money. Depending on your company's needs, you can use these five points to begin research on making a change.