A good Travel Insurance Policy is essential to ensure that nothing unpleasant happens to you on your trip. While a holiday abroad is a good experience for all it can be made unpleasant by any unforeseen happening and it is best to be insured against any such risk.
Are you packing your bags for a trip abroad? Make sure that you have a good Travel Insurance Policy in your kitty before you leave. It is essential to ensure that nothing unpleasant happens to you on your trip. While a holiday abroad is a good experience for all it can be made unpleasant by any unforeseen happening and it is best to be insured against any such risk. Even a small happening like a stolen baggage or a major event like a civil emergency can land you in trouble. While a good Travel insurance plan covers you against all possible risks abroad it gives you a peace that there is a financial backing for you in case anything goes wrong.
Another major reason to have a travel insurance policy is that even if we have a health insurance policy, we will not get cover for our health if we are abroad. It is then that only a travel insurance policy can save you from a disaster.
One should always look at the coverage that a travel policy has to offer. Needless to say, wider the coverage, better the policy. Medical coverage should be the widest as it is one of the most important risks you would want to be covered while in an alien land. Medical expenses can be really high in a foreign country and disrupt your entire holiday budget. Hence always go for a policy that ensures you the widest coverage.
Some features one should look for while choosing a good policy:
· Medical insurance while you are abroad
· Personal Accident Insurance in case of death while abroad
· Repatriation of mortal remains in case the insured dies on the trip insured
· Coverage of hospitalization expenses in case of a medical emergency
· Coverage on Loss of baggage that has been checked in
· Coverage on loss of passport
· Payment of a distress allowance in case there is an excessive delay in flight, say more than 12 hours
· Payment of a hijack distress allowance in case the flight has been hijacked
· Online medical guidance in foreign country
· Arrangement of appointments with local doctors
· Arrangement of emergency hospitalization
· Direct settlement of bills in the hospital abroad
· Arrangements of conveyance in case of an emergency medical evacuation
Any policy that offers the above mentioned coverage can easily be taken to be good and reliable.
It should however be noted that most travel insurance policies exclude the following from the coverage:
· Pregnancy related costs
· Expenses arising due to self-injury or suicide attempts
· Treatments in psychiatric disorders
· Pre-existing diseases
· Expenses arising out of events happening due to influence of intoxicating drugs
It is best to avoid the above mentioned situations and rest assured of a complete coverage.