When choosing a new motorcycle, you must first consider the size and the height of the bike. This is very important in order to make sure that you can handle the bike properly.
One of the things you need to consider when looking for a new bike is finding the right motorcycle size. Finding a motorcycle that suits your preferences is a challenge already but aside from that you have to make sure also that the height and the size of the bike is just right for you. Why? In order to be able to enjoy your ride, you should be comfortable on top of your bike. That is why there is too much importance given on the size of the motorcycle you choose.
So how can you make sure you pick the right motorcycle size? There are so many kinds of motorcycles out there. But do not go after the coolest or good looking bike if its size is not right for you. These are the things you need to do in order to find the right motorcycle size.
1. Try the riding the motorcycle. You cannot see if the size and height of the bike is right for you if you don’t try it. Hands-on testing is the best way in order to determine if the bike you’re going to purchase has the right motorcycles size. When browsing for a new bike, ask the dealer if you can try the bike. There are lots of motorcycle superstores and dealers who will let you ride the motorcycle to make sure you’re comfortable with the size and height of the bike.
2. When you sit on a bike, make sure that you can put both feet firmly on the ground. If you need to lean on either side in order to reach the ground, then the height and size of the bike is not right for you.
3. Make sure that you can control your motorcycle in a resting position. If you need to lean in order to hold or control your bike, then it is not the right one for you. It is true that if you can’t reach the ground with your foot on a resting position; you are more prone to accidents.
4. If you need to stretch your arms and your body in order to reach the handle bars, then the motorcycle is too large for you. A perfect motorcycle size is the one where you don’t need to stretch your hands in order to grip the handle bars.
5. Put the motorcycle on a belly stand and try to test if your knees don’t bump the handle bars when put on the peg or running boards. If you feel awkward on this position because your leg reaches the handle bars, then you don’t find the right motorcycle size.
6. Try to reach the shift lever and the break lever. Are you comfortable doing this or do you need to stretch in order to reach them? Proper leg room is also very important when choosing a motorcycle.
7. If you think you found the right motorcycle size, try sitting on the bike for a few more minutes and see if you are still comfortable on it. If yes, then you found the perfect motorcycle to use.
Finding the right motorcycle size is one of the things you need to accomplish when looking for a perfect bike. You just don’t pick the first motorcycle that caught your fancy. You need to make a thorough check up to make sure you made the right decision.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mench Charles believes that some things can't be easily achieved, because you have to work hard for it. The same thing is true if you want to learn how to ride a motorcycle. There are many advantages in riding a motorcycle. However,learn how to ride a motorcycle properly first.
Written by : Mench Charles