Everest Base Camp Trek in September
Trekking to the base of the world's tallest mountain Everest is a dream adventure to the trekkers from all around the world. In September, Everest base camp trek is a mindblowing hiking experience in Nepal. September is a month after a rainy season and the sky starts clearing up and supplies the best view of the mountains. So making a trekking trip to the base camp is a clever idea.
The Everest region is also known as a Khumbu region. This trek is in the Sagarmatha national park which is one of the UNESCO world heritage site of Nepal from out of 10 heritage sites. Trek starts with a scenic mountain flight to Lukla which takes about a half an hour flight than trail leads Phakding, Namche, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, Gorakshep and visit world's highest mountain base camp and Kalapatthar for the phenomenal Everest massif and trek back to Lukla before taking a return flight to Kathmandu.
Highlights of the Trek in September
The Everest base camp trek is one of the lifetime experience and exploring the beauty of Nepal. As September takes out this adventure with unforgettable Everest trekking experience. Here are some highlights of the trek:
- Clear sky and beautiful views of the Everest massif
- Walk along with dry and beautiful trekking trails
- Sherpa culture, lifestyle, bio-diversity of Everest, and more
- Reaching to Everest base camp and Kalapatthar viewpoint
Weather and Temperature in September
September is starting the Autumn and end of monsoon so there will be less chance of the rain. The weather is stable after the mid of September and the sky will be clear. There won't be clouds to block the view of the mountains in this month.
Temperature plays a main role in your trek so September has a moderate temperature that won't be very cold. As you reach to the higher elevation, the temperature increase but not freezing. The average temperature during the day time is around 14 degrees. Night time may be 6 degrees and end of the September could be around -10 degrees in the morning time.
Accommodation and Food in September
You will be stopping in the lodges and tea houses during the trek. You may have a private room with an indoor bathroom and somewhere attached bathroom too. September is the main trekking season so some places have limited lodges they may be fully booked than need to book in advance. You may have your food from the menu different dishes every lodge during your trek.
Difficulties of the Trek in September
Trekking in the Himalaya is definitely a challenging adventure activity. The major difficulties you may face are:
- Altitude sickness: You will fly directly to the 2858 meters above the sea level from Kathmandu and most of the days of the trek are above 3000 meters so trekkers may have the problem of the altitude sickness. Learn well about the altitude problem and try to be safe with this problem.
- Physical fitness: Trekking to the Everest base camp requires to have good physical fitness so it is best having some physical training about 2 months before the trek.
- Difficulties for finding rooms: September starts a pick season and there may be flooded people along the way that can be difficult to find the rooms to sleep in some places. An individual single person may share the room somehow in some cases along the trek.
Packing list for Everest Base Camp Trek
September is not the coldest month for the trek so trekkers can have not too warm clothes. Here are the basic trekking gear list below:
- Trekking boots
- Light sleeping bag
- Few pairs of trekking shirts
- Trekking trousers
- Jackets (Fleece and Down)
- Daypack and Duffel bag
- Woollen hat
- Sun hat
- You may pack other items as per your performance.
Try this an adventure trek and have thrill experience of the Nepalese Himalaya. September is the best time to make your successful Everest base camp journey (https://www.frolicadventure.com/everest-base-camp-trek).