Effective and targeted articles are a simple, low cost way of informing readers and driving high quality traffic to your website. It is also a long forgotten art of communicating ideas over the Internet due to the overwhelming amount of spam and misdirection found in the majority of written pieces nowadays; specially regarding Internet marketers and the online business industry.
As simple of a reason as it may seem, writing an effective article can become a turning point for most Internet marketers businesses today, simply because of the ever growing lack of content and desire to inform shown by most writers and entrepreneurs out there. Actually, a concise and informative article will quickly stand out from the pack and give its author an edge over his or her industry colleagues on the Internet when done with the proper effort and consistency.
Behind every single effective article we find four basic things:
1. Correct keywords and keyword phrases - it is very important for your internet marketing article to contain keywords that are related to your website, since 75% of the traffic on the Internet today, goes through search engines.
2. Proper keyword density - when done correctly, it will cause different search engines to acknowledge the presence of the article on the web. A piece of writing should have between 1 to 7 percent keyword density, so if you are writing a 400 word article, then you should be aiming for a maximum of 28 keywords in total. Be careful not to over do this to avoid been penalized.
3. Good content, An effective article provides useful information, is well written and also entertains readers. It should also include facts and statistics whenever possible to gain its author credibility.
4. Correct bio or resource box. This is one of the most important things for all active Internet marketers when it comes to article writing. It is basically the small 4 line paragraph at the end of the article where you include two sentences about you and why you brought the reader to your piece of written information, together with an unhidden link to your website or business opportunity.
Your next step is to get your creative juices going, and there are a number of ways for Internet marketers to achieve this:
- Always carry a diary or journal with you - you never know when you will hear, see or smell something that will trigger your creativity.
- Create an organized workspace - this allows you to have a constant flow of ideas when writing. Use pictures you like or your favorite fragrance for a nice finishing touch.
- Be relaxed - take care of any pending issues that might need your immediate attention before writing. This will allow you to think clearly from the start.
Once those aspects are sorted out, marketers should create an outline for their article. This means writing 4 or 5 subheadings under which you will develop your effective article creating an intuitive beginning, middle and end writing structure. This will not only apply to articles, but to videos, blogging and virtually every other method they use to get their message and points across to their targeted market.
There are also a number of formatting specifications to writing effectively:
- Articles should contain short and inspiring paragraphs.
- Internet marketers should always include number or bullet points to communicate ideas clearly.
- Inspire curiosity in readers by using an attention grabbing title and by breaking up the text with subheadings.
Applying these techniques will avoid big and tiring blocks of text and keep readers interested from start to finish.
On the other hand, there are a couple of things you should avoid when writing on the Internet:
1. Blatantly promoting yourself and not informing - The only immediate benefit for readers is to get informed. Share true knowledge in your article and visits to your website will be a by-product.
2. Not taking full advantage of the promotional opportunities offered by an article - Internet marketers should use keywords and anchor text strategically throughout the article, reaching their audience with branded and quality information without exception.
Keeping these two points in mind, will avoid you setbacks in the process of writing and build a trustworthy image to readers on the Internet.
So there you have it my fellow Internet marketers, you now possess the blueprint and knowledge to creating and writing an effective article on the net. Always remember to plan the work and work the plan consistently; day in day out, week after week and YOU WILL be writing concise and informative articles in no time.
Practice makes the master! Understand that, remain focused and get writing!
To your success.
About the author: Pablo Guessi is an Internet Marketer who specializes in Online Advertising through lead generation and organic traffic techniques. For more information on marketing a unique business opportunity and free valuable gifts, please visit: http://www.prmarketingteam.com
By: Pablo Guessi
Your details are safe with us