It is not just about researching for the best cycling tour package and booking the one. However, you need to pack appropriately for the one too. This brief guide will surely help you for the same!
So, you are all set for your next cycling vacation. But, did you pack the right gear appropriately to keep you comfortable throughout? Let us check out the list of essentials for the trip, right from what to bring to what to wear on the bike.
The Right Stuff On The Bike
- Accessories for success– Arm yourself with gloves, a helmet, a road ID bracelet and your favorite pair of sunglasses.
- Keep Hydrated– Always have a filled water bottle and hydrated tablets close by.
- Ensemble– No riding kit for cycling tours in France is complete without the traveling jersey, socks and shorts.
- No bonking allowed– The rear pocket of the jersey should be used to fill with some light snacks.
- Shoes make the outfit– Get the right pair of comfortable cycling shoes.
It is suggested to be prepared for every type of weather condition to keep cool and stay warm. You may need to bring in a lot of layers, including a breathable synthetic shirt to layer under a vest, windbreaker, or jacket and prevent cotton fabrics while exercising as the absorbent qualities put off wicking and insulate poorly when wet.
The Right Stuff Off The Bike
- Capture the memories– Do not miss to carry your camera along, but avoid the one with the really big and bulky lenses.
- Wrinkle free– The wrinkle free outfit and the right accessories will transform you from the daytime road warrior to the night time 007 you are.
- Complements– Get a wine bottle to unwind and reminisce with your cycling comrades during happy the hour.
- Sensible– Keep a right pair of comfortable shoes when you are off the bike.
For men, it may be anything you would like to wear for an afternoon at the country club, be it a polo shirt, collared shirt, jeans, dress pants or khaki pants, everything is acceptable. For women, this is anything you might wear for a night out on the town or to work. Patterned elegant tops, dress pants, dresses or skirts, everything is good enough for cycling tours.
However, if your trip falls under the category – Mountain Bike, Ride Camp, Explorer and Avid, the dinner attire is casual. Remember, in contrast to the United States, the casual attire in Europe can be more formal.