Darjeeling Tea and its Popularity Worldwide
An article about Darjeeling Tea from the Indian State of West Bengal. Read more about this popular beverage that is popular all over the World...
Darjeeling Tea and its popularity Worldwide make it the number one tea of the whole world because of its unique taste and flavor which is not available anywhere in this world. The method and process of making it is different and the climatic conditions gives it the new aroma which makes it the popular beverage in the world. Teas are exported from Darjeeling to the every corner of the world and these are very costly.
As Darjeeling Gardens are the largest seller of premium tea in the world it gives employment to many people and generates new employment opportunities. The exports are a big source of income for the Indian government. A lot of revenue is generated by the cultivation of tea in the estates of Darjeeling in West Bengal.
Varieties of teas are produced here and for that a large network is required to sell the packets in the market.
Process of making tea in the Darjeeling
There is a long process of making tea in the Darjeeling and for that the leaves go through many steps. These steps are as follows:-
• Plucking Art:- Plucking is also an art and all tea leaves are plugged manually machinery is not used here. If plucking is correct then it gives the flavor or taste to every leave.
• Withering:- In this step leaves are spread around to remove their moisture by blowing hot and cold air on them.
• Rolling:- Here the leaves are rolled in the roller and the process is monitored to check that overheating could not take place otherwise it can affect the taste.
• Fermentation:- After rolling leaves are spread in the thin layer in the cool or humid room for 2-4 hours during this time the leaves develops unique aroma and flavor in itself.
• Drying:- Here leaf is dried in varied temperature for 20-30 minutes to check the lost moisture of the black tea.
• Sorting or Packaging:- Now the leaves are sorted according to their size and then packed in foils.
• Tasting:- Tasting is the important step as the taster judges the taste, quality and aroma and suggests the improvement in the making process of blending.
• Selling:- Now the tea is ready for sales worldwide with its large networking sources or marketing strategy.
Be aware while buying tea
Darjeeling Tea and its popularity Worldwide enforces people to taste the beverage for at least one time. So whenever any tourist visit Darjeeling they definitely take a sip because of its fame in the International market. Many a times it has been seen that when people taste the brew then it is very good but when they prepare it in their home then it does not give that flavor, taste or color as it was there. This means that there are people who sell the leaf in the name of Darjeeling tea cheat their customers. This also affects the reputation of tea market.
Few malpractices affect the reputation of Darjeeling tea among the customers so it should be stooped.