Have you travelled to Sikkim yet? If you have and visited MG Marg there, you will have noticed that the entire street is dotted with travel agencies. But how do you make sure that you choose the right travel agent to make the most of your trip in Sikkim? Before we get into that, let us help you categorize travel companies and travel agents with the following personas:
The Done- it-alls: These are travel agents that are old-timers and are well established. They usually offer set tours and do not do too much customizing. These are good for run-of-the-mill family tours and for large groups. They mostly focus on leisure and cultural travel.
The Followers: These are travel agents who follow in the footsteps of the done-it-alls and are more of a fleet management company than a travel company. They are great for large groups with almost set itineraries. They have tried and tested itineraries, which are great for the elderly to middle-aged to even youngsters. They can range from culture to leisure and even adventure travel at times.
The Doers: These travel agents offer a full range of services from vehicles, packages, hotels et al. These are great for small groups, youngsters, and even all-girls groups. They can be specialized in adventure, culture, leisure, or all.
The Young Guns: These travel agents have nothing canned; they give ultra-customized tours, as per customer’s requirement. They create specialized travel itineraries that can sometimes delight the traveler. These are great for solo travelers and also for immersive travel experiences. They are always on the look-out t do something different. They focus on leisure to even offbeat travel experiences.
10 places you absolutely must visit in Sikkim
When it comes to Sikkim, we can see a full range of all these types of travel agents. Sikkim is home to 500 plus travel agents and is only growing. One unique feature about Sikkim is that it is the only Himalayan state in India that offers a wide range of climatic belts ranging from temperate to alpine, from white-water rafting to snow-clad mountains, and from cycling trails to trekking slopes.
There are no absolute rules to choose great travel agents and it is more often than usual that these travel agents offer similar services and it is hard to differentiate between them. When it comes to choosing travel agents, there is always a nagging doubt of whether the travel company hired is legit or not. So here is a steady guideline to help you along in choosing a good partner for your travel adventures:
- Check their affiliations– State and tourism-related: A genuine travel agency is always a registered one.
- Check for feedback from previous clients: search for reviews online about the services offered by travel agents, such as Google Reviews and Tripadvisor.
- Expertise: It is always better to go for travel agents that focus and specialize on a particular type of travel package – like adventure, off-beat, leisure travel, etc. as they can offer expert advice and give you a more customized deal. However, even if you go for a generalist travel agency, make sure they have good knowledge about what you are looking for. This will maximize your satisfaction with the end offering made to you.
- Has to be accessible 24/7: In this day and age, travel agents should be able to respond to queries and change- requests around the clock, at your convenience and not according to office timings! With travel technology on the rise, this has become a must-have. [Read: Welcome to the travel technology universe]
- Great Customer Service: Though this may be subjective to individual interactions, it generally refers to pre- and post-booking support and engagement on the part of travel agents you are interacting with. Customer relationship management has become an integral part of the travel universe. [Read: What is customer relationship management – all you need to know]
- Comfort: Last but not the least, go with your gut feeling. The lowest price does not always mean the best deal. Look for your comfort level with the agents you are interacting with and go for the one offering you a well-rounded experience laced with effective communication and a friendly tone.
Tour Sikkim with TourGenie
The East of Sikkim has the well-known Tsomgo Lake and Drodhul Chorten while the North of Sikkim has the famous Gurudongmar Lake and blooming Yumthang valley. The South of Sikkim has the iconic Buddha Park at Ravangla and the Chaar-Dhaam at Naamchi whereas the understated beauty of West Sikkim is only accentuated by the historic sites of Yuksom, Rabdentse, and Pelling and the flora and fauna at Barsey and Pelling.
For any holiday to Sikkim, TourGenie is your most dependable travel partner as it's based in Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim. From offering the best itineraries to quality service in terms of stays and transportation, you can expect a hassle-free trip that takes care of every comfort you might have not even anticipated.
Sikkim Tour Packages
Activities in Gangtok: Top things to do in Gangtok in 2021
Best time to visit Sikkim
12 Must Try Food of Sikkim You Need to Get Your Teeth Into