Camping is so much fun. It is an activity that can be done with family or friends. It lets one enjoy what nature has to offer. It surely is an adventure of sorts. Before going for any camping trip, it is essential to have camping supplies in hand.
Some important camping supplies that people generally tend to carry are as below:
* Tents: First and foremost is the tent. You cannot go on a camping experience without tents. Tents come in many different shapes and sizes. There are very cheap tents as well as pretty expensive ones. It is always better to buy a tent that would withstand rough weather and last for at least a couple of years. The size of the tent depends on the number of people you plan to accommodate. Some can accommodate only one or two while there are tents that accommodate many.
* Sleeping Bags: The next thing to pack while going on a camping trip is the sleeping bags. Even if there is a tent, there is a requirement to have something to sleep in inside the tent. The sleeping bags come in many different varieties. They have an additional feature of providing warmth in the night.
* First Aid Kit: Since camping is an outdoor activity, there are many chances of people getting injured. It is advisable to carry a well equipped first aid kit.
* Boots: Camping often requires a lot of hiking and climbing to reach the place to camp. Also, there may be a lot of exploring during camping. All this is easier with good camping boots. They give good protection to the feet and provide grip in slippery surroundings.
* Cooking Equipment: No camping trip is complete without a camp fire and food that's cooked outdoors. It is important to carry matchboxes, fire starters, and cooking vessels. This could include a pot, a frying pan, plates, glasses, spoons, knives, and forks.
* Camera: It is awesome to capture the trip on film. So, taking a digital camera on the trip is a great idea. Some people prefer still cameras while others prefer movie cameras.
* Other Accessories: Other essential camping gear include a compass, waterproof watch, folding chairs and tables, batteries, flasks, lanterns, flashlights, paper, pen, maps, ropes, etc. All these are very important to be completely prepared for the trip and to enjoy it without too much hassle.
* Backpack: A list of camping supplies in incomplete without a backpack. This is how you carry all the items to the camping site. Backpacks come in different sizes and makes. It is definitely better to purchase a backpack that is sturdy and has the requisite space and provision to hold the essentials.
Before venturing on a camping trip, it is very important to take inventory of the essential camping supplies and check their condition. If things are not working properly, they should be replaced. If things are missing, they need to be purchased. It will not do any good to start off on the trip and then realize something is damaged or missing.