I know, I know, blog this...blog that. Seems like everyone is on the blogging bandwagon these days! I admit that I've been skeptical too, but I've seen the results and am convinced that blogs really do help to create more web site traffic.
So why does blogging work to reel in web site visitors? Read on...
1. Search engines LOVE blogs. Blogs are usually focused on a particular niche, so they have lots of subject-specific content that's well-organized. This makes it easy for the spiders to read the content because there's usually less graphics, scripts, flash, etc.
2. Content tends to be updated more frequently than web sites, which the search engines love. If content doesn't change very often, they tend to visit less often. Search engines also like that there are lots of links because they index sites by following the links.
3. There's no special programming or HTML skills needed so if you love to write and are an expert in your field, you can be up and running in no time. Before you know it, you'll have lots of web site visitors reading your articles with anticipation.
4. Subject-specific articles generate tons of traffic! Let's face it. Many of us publish Ezines in order to get people to visit our web sites, and if we publish the articles on our website, we gain an even better chance of people finding us.
Blogs accomplish the same thing, only it's much easier to write your article and publish it immediately than it is to write content for an Ezine, format it, test it, and then publish it, only to find out that half of the emails were blocked by spam filters!
5. Increase your subscriber list. You can subscribe to blogs in the same way you subscribe to Ezines. Simply sign up and you'll receive notices when the content has been updated. Plus, the notices don't contain HTML, which means that the notification will be more likely to get past the spam filters.
6. It's cheap! Many services like Blogger offer it for free. Why spend tons of money creating the perfect web site that needs lots of search engine optimization when you can be up and running with your own blog for free, or at a very small monthly charge? What an inexpensive way of generating traffic!
There you have it. Six good reasons to build your own blog. Now what are you waiting for?
About the author
Jean Hanson is the author of the eBook, Virtualize Your Business. For tips on learning how to virtualize your business and a FREE REPORT, go to http://www.virtualizeyourbiz.com.
By: Jean Hanson