There are many backpacking tips and tricks that you will learn as you get more experienced. Food and water tips are especially important and are covered in this article.
There are many sorts of backpacking tips and tricks that can be made use of in every part of your trip. Food is something that must be taken into consideration for any backpacking trip you go on. For you to have suitable energy on your journey, you will need to properly plan your meals. By learning a few backpacking tips and tricks, it is going to be easier to pack and transport the food, as well as making it. Choosing the proper foods can seem like a inconvenience, but I wanted to give you a couple of ideas on meals, plus a few on water, to be able to make for a simpler backpacking experience.
Backpacking Tips and Tricks: Food
* Food that is quick to cook and light is best.
* Canned foods are an excellent selection. Canned tuna and chicken are good.
*Tortillas are a nice alternative to bread, since it can be more difficult to take.
* Instant things, such as grits or potatoes, aren't heavy and are basic to make.
* Beef jerky or any other dried meat is a good alternative.
* Utilize zip lock sandwich bags. In lieu of packing items still in the box, place them into a bag. They are much less complicated to pack than boxes.
* Foods such as beans or granola are excellent sources of energy.
* An additional option are items that are ready to eat. They come pre-packaged and are designed particularly for backpacking purposes.
Backpacking Tips and Tricks: Water
* Every time you are using water from an unknown source you need to try to be sure that it is safe.
* Water should be filtered if at all possible. Cheese cloth is a good thing for doing it.
* If you aren't going to filter, you should add a water treatment.
* Iodine tablets are a standard water tablet. Yet, they may leave a funny taste in the water. By adding a drink mix in the water will hide the flavor.
Learning a few backpacking tips and tricks will make it much less complicated to arrange your backpacking adventure. Since food and water will be your main energy source, eating properly and having the right amount to drink are the top focuses.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Interested in additional backpacking advice or backpacking tips and tricks?
Written by James McGee
Your details are safe with us