As a business owner, you need to understand that content is king in the online arena and that you can only drive traffic to your website if you are able to offer online users with valuable content. As such, you will need to learn how to write articles that you can post on your website or you can use on your newsletters.
Although you are free to outsource this task to several ghostwriters, there are some tips that you can use in order to easily learn the ropes of article writing and these are the following:
1. Ensure that your first paragraph is punchy. Your readers must have a clear idea on what the whole article is all about the moment they read your first few sentences.
This is not only to let these people know what is in store for them but also to convince them to read your articles in their entirety.
2. Organize your thoughts. Before you start writing, make sure that you know what to say. You can't simply tap on your key board and hope that you can swing it.
List down all the major points or all relevant information that you would like to discuss and arrange them based on their relevance to your main topic. These major points can serve as the main topic for each of your paragraphs.
3. Use plain English. Remember, you are not writing for Pulitzer but for different people who are accessing the internet. Write using simple terms to avoid confusion.
If you must use highly technical terms or jargons to better get your message across, ensure that you define them first using lay man's terms.
4. Keep your paragraphs short. Discuss one major topic on each of your paragraph and ensure that you explain them using 3-4 sentences. Remember, short paragraphs are much readable compare to long block of solid texts.
5. Share some trade secrets. You can spill in the beans to your potential clients so you can easily impress them.
Remember, the more you tell them, the higher your chances of earning their trust and loyalty. Give them some points on how they can resolve their pressing issues or help them improve the quality of their lives.
6. Insert examples. You can better explain your ideas if you can offer examples that will help your readers visualize the points that you are trying to get across.
If you have personally experienced the same problem that your prospects are currently facing right now, make sure that you tell them how you were able to resolve it.
Article writing is a skill you can get better at. These 6 tips will help you improve and mover you Internet business forward.
About the author: If you enjoyed this article by Jeff Schuman on article marketing please visit his website today. If you are not an article writer he offers a hands off program for getting backlinks and traffic using the power of writing and submitting articles. http://www.HandsOffArticleMarketing.com
By: Jeff Schuman