There are tons of ways to write and we all have our own style. Also there are a few tips to make production and consumption of content more enjoyable.
1. Writing your articles several times to read, be read (if possible), to read more. He dragged always a bad sentence structure, forgetting a word or spelling mistakes on the first draft. To fight against a recent spell is welcome.
2. Set frequency write and stick to it. This allows a constant evolution of its activity in line with what the readers expect to find. Blogging is somehow a relationship with its readers. If you have a downturn blogging, inform your reader is a good thing. If you go on vacation, you can always leave your blog to friends.
3. Use a desktop blogging tool. I recently tested Ecto Qmana but then I've found it too buggy. The latest Windows Live Writer I am currently making a lot of time compared to the interface of online publication Wordpress. This software is a joy to use, especially since they are plugins (see this article) to help you manage systems tag missing in the basic version.
4. If your blog is thematic, it is sometimes interesting to discuss topics annexes to the main subject (history of ideas will change) but do not either most of the time. If this happens too often in your experience, perhaps it is the time came to open his personal blog;) I think a correct ratio is then around 80% of the thematic content and 20% of articles "off topics".
5. Write first to satisfy his desire to share his views, his discoveries with others. Write first for yourself and adapt content for others, all the others. Do not think all your readers will follow you from the beginning and you will follow tomorrow. Avoid jargon (hard drive for a geek) and do not forget to make references to previous articles or items for external readers who want to learn more.
6. Choose your titles! The title is the hook and often so that the article will read (or not). Indeed look at how you consume your feeds and you'll realize that if the title is not attractive, do not say how it will be interesting for you, you do not read. So take the time to choose. I noticed that the lists (like this article), the "how" or the use of superlatives like Top, Best etc. was more attractive than other securities.
7. Invite readers to participate in the comment section.A little phrase like "And you, how you doing?" Or "Leave me your impressions" or "please give me links for" often encourages readers to participate in the "discussion".
8. Co-Blog this! Several blogging is really nice because it helps enrich the articles of the vision of his friends. For example, this article series is co-blogged using Writely tool that allows for editing of documents online and more in real time. It's terribly effective and it greatly improves the quality of items produced.