If you have planned to go driving in the chilling winter then holiday traffic can make you shut the drape and stay back at home. Google maps will help you get out of such a situation on iOS and Android to go out and chill. You get functions for avoiding the traffic blocking as well as the traffic in the restaurants and stores during holidays. With the traffic jamming during vacation, little planning on the Google Maps of the trip can save your lot of time throughout travelling. Here are the best 5 Google tips that can help you enjoy your holidays a bit more.
Follow the Trip Route on Google Maps
If you want to follow the trip route on Google Maps, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Click on the three-line menu option at the top left.
- Press the place you want to visit.
- Select the Reservations button.
- Now the list of reservations will be visible to you that you have made has been pulled from mails.
- Choose the Item option to check about the reservation, including location and date.
Users can also explore for My reservation in the box of Google map search that you have booked.
Share the ETA Right from the Maps
If you want to share the ETA right from the maps, then abide by the given instructions:
- When you have begun the trip and Google is navigating you, then click on the caret button at the bottom right.
- Select the Share trip progress option and then choose that you want to inform. Maps will keep the host updated with the recent location as well as the next time.
- If you don’t want to take the efforts to send the ETA, then you can ask the Google map to do it on iPhone or Android.
- Say, Hi Google on the Maps.
- The ding sound will be audible when the Google Assistant activates, then say Send my ETA.
- Google Assistant will ask about the recipient.
- Authenticate the recipient, and then Google will send the text message saying that you are on your way with the expected time.
Locate the EV Charging Spots on the Journey
In case you intend to Locate the EV charging spots on the journey, then go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Caret tab at the bottom right.
- Click on the Search along with route option and type EV charging stations.
- Maps will show the charging station option and the waiting time for a port.
- Click on the charging station on the maps to add the Maps as the stop on the journey.
Reserve the Table on Maps
If you wish to reserve the table on Maps, then pursue the given instructions:
- Click on the Explore option underneath.
- Select the Restaurants option at the top of a map to a checklist of places to eat organized accordingly by distance and cuisine.
- Choose the Restaurant that you like to go or which is looking good in the prompted window, reserve the table or join the waiting list.
Using Maps Offline
Follow the offered instructions to use Maps offline:
- Before you begin, search the location on the map which you want the directions of.
- Click on the location name and address underneath in the location window.
- Press Download in Android. Hit the Download option again in the other windows.
- Click on the three-dot section at the top left in iOS. Select the Download Offline map and click on Download. Maps will download the map to the phone of the location that you have selected.
Sharing the Location
Go through the provided steps to share the location:
- Click on the three-lines section at the top left.
- Select Location sharing.
- Choose the option to whom you want to share the location and for how long.
- Press the Share option, and then Maps will send the location to the ones you have selected to share.
- If you want to see someone’s location, then click on that person tab at the top of the Window and then hit the Request option.
Daniel Ryan is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet, utility software and new media. She writes for Microsoft products at office.com/setup.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Daniel Ryan is a technical expert who writes about productivity suites such as technical Antivirus. I writes blog posts, reviews, instruction manuals, news releases, and technical descriptions.
By Daniel Ryan