The way to drive business towards growth and profitability is marketing. Marketing needs careful planning and smart deployment of company resources. Marketing can take on several forms like direct marketing, advertising, and telemarketing.
Telemarketing must be end result oriented and include aspects like analysis of exercise and construction of goals, target audience, and more. From the focus to script every stage needs careful planning and execution.
According to marketing experts telemarketing is one of the best avenues and it generates appreciable returns on investment.
1. A telemarketing exercise can be handled in house or out sourced.
2. It must be planned to the last detail so that it demonstrates measurable results.
3. While most telemarketing companies offer either lead generation or appointment setting, the ideal is to get both done as part of the telemarketing exercise.
4. To be effective a telemarketing exercise must run for a minimum of twenty to thirty days.
5. As the plans made need fine tuning it is best to create a needs assessment study and run a pilot before launching the whole telemarketing exercise.
6. Avoid buying data from telemarketers.
7. To be successful and generate new business telemarketing exercise must be handled by a dedicated team that understands your business.
8. Any successful telemarketing effort is not a one time shot. It needs follow up exercises and continued action at least for 3-6 months.
9. Always work towards set goals and if you are using external telemarketing agencies develop a sustainable relationship with more than one outsourcing telemarketer. It will give not just increased volumes but healthy competition.
10. Always use a telemarketer who understands the auditing ropes and maintains records clearly.
Make the conversation scripts polite and convincing. Always check that your company strengths are being conveyed clearly. Ensure that calls are made to the appropriate audience and not to random data base lists. The focus and target audience must be clearly delineated.
The first 3 seconds are crucial so make the best of the moment and capture the would be customers attention and friendship. It is best to come across as friendly, concerned, and caring. Instill a sense of trust. Telemarketing is an effective method of increasing business volumes. In a world filled with advertisements, mailers, and commercials on radio and television the telemarketing effort must be special and effective to grab any attention. So plan well and get in experts if you need to. Telemarketing is not a simple task of phoning people.
Being polite is the key to good business. So use the time effectively and avoid ringing up customers during meal times or nap times. Show them they are important and that you care.
Create goodwill and the telemarketing effort will bear fruits.
About the author: Timothy Rudon is a writer for http://www.1855telemarketing.com , the premier website to find telemarketing, telemarketing services, mailing telemarketing, free telemarketing list, telemarketing from home, telemarketing jobs and many more.
Your details are safe with us