Sikkim Cultural Tour PackageDuration :8 days, 7 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
Bagdogra – Gangtok
You will be welcomed on your arrival at Bagdogra Airport after which you will drive up to the pleasant hill town of Gangtok. The verdant hills and the majestic green-hued River Teesta make up the scenic journey, which will take around 5 hours.
After your hotel check-in, you are free to spend your time at leisure at MG Marg, Gangtok’s bustling town centre.
Head back to your hotel for a good night’s sleep.Stay Details : Royal Oaks , Gangtok / Similar
Gangtok Sightseeing Tour
Monasteries are an integral part of Sikkim’s culture and are architectural marvels. Out of the 200 odd monasteries in Sikkim, you will be visiting a few important ones tied with fascinating histories. Your tour today will help you experience transcendent peace as you encounter red-clad lamas, flickering butter lamps, colorful prayer flags, and melodious chanting in the ambiance of the monasteries.
- Enchey Sangag Rabtenling Monastery –This monastery was first established in 1840 and rebuilt in 1909. It is believed that this monastery was built on the spot where the flying saint Drubthob Karpo who had special flying powers initially meditated. Later another hermit named Karma Sherab came to this spot for a retreat and amazingly he too acquired the powers of flying. This gave the place its religious significance.
- Lingdum Zurmang Kharwang – Fairly new, this monastery was established in 1999. It is known as a place for offering communal prayers. Prayers for well-being and lighting of 108 lamps will be organized for your group members at the monastery.
- Rumtek Dharma Centre – This monastery was founded in 1962. It preserves unique Ters (religious artifacts), and the holy crown of the late 16th Gyalwa Karmapa, said to have woven by the Dakinis (a type of sacred female spirit in Vajrayana Buddhism), is said to be one of them.
- Namgyal Institute of Tibetology – This institute was established with the purpose of sponsoring scholars and promoting research on the religion, history, language, art, and culture of the people of the Tibetan cultural area. A museum in the same vicinity contains a rare collection of statues, ritual objects, traditional art objects, thangkas (painted, woven and embroidered scrolls), and ancient manuscripts in Sanskrit, Tibetan, Chinese and Lepcha.
- Do Drul Chorten – This stupa has a complete set of Dorjee Phurba, Kangyur (holy books), and other religious objects. Around the stupa are 108 Mani or prayer wheels.
After the conclusion of your tour, you will head back to your hotel for the night.Stay Details : Royal Oaks , Gangtok / Similar
Gangtok – Tsomgo
A special early morning trip has been arranged to take you to Tsuklakhang, the royal chapel of Namgyals of Sikkim.
After breakfast, you will go on a day-long excursion to Tsomgo Lake. This beautiful glacial lake is a sight to behold both during summer, when the waters are a soothing blue, and winters, when the lake is completely frozen and one can enjoy the yak rides around it.
Once you’re back in Gangtok, there will be a special talk in the evening on the crafts of Sikkim, which we assure you will be quite insightful.
Your overnight stay is in Gangtok.
Stay Details : Royal Oaks , Gangtok / Similar
Gangtok – Rabongla
Post breakfast, much of you day will be spent driving to Rabongla, a small tourist town located at an elevation of 8000 ft.
You will be staying the night in Rabongla.
Stay Details : Buddha Retreat , Ravangla / Similar
This quaint south Sikkim town has quite a few interesting tourist attractions that you will visit, namely Tathagat Stal, Bon Yung Dung Monastery, and Ralong Karma Rabtenling Monastery, which has quite an intriguing story behind it.
In the evening you will attend an interesting talk on Tibetan calligraphy, given by an expert calligrapher.
Your overnight stay is in Rabongla.Stay Details : Buddha Retreat , Ravangla / Similar
Rabongla – Pelling
Today you will depart for Pelling, a small hill town in West Sikkim. Pelling is a quiet yet delightful town and is visited for its natural beauty and historical significance.
- You will visit Rabdentse Palace Ruins & Pemayangtse Monastery.
- Enjoy an evening discourse on Buddhism by Khenpos/Lopens of Sangchen Pemayangtse Monastery
Your overnight stay is in Pelling
Pelling & Yuksom
Your day will be spent in visiting some fascinating religious Buddhist sites in Pelling and nearby Yuksom.
- Sangacheoling Monastery – This monastery is claimed to have been founded by the patron saint of Sikkim. This is the only Lhakhang that contains the statues of the local guardian deities of various “Nay” (sacred caves or pilgrim sites of Sikkim).
- Chenrezig Statue – The golden statue of Chenrezig, the earthly manifestation of the Compassionate Buddha, is the world's tallest statue, standing tall at 137 feet. A new sky walk has been built at the site.
- Khecheopalri Lake – Buddhist saints sanctified this lake and gave it the sacred name of “Khachoedpalri,” which means “mountain of blissful heaven.” It is recognized as an abode of ‘Tsho-sMan Pemachen’ the protective nymph of the Buddhism, and hence, is considered a sacred pilgrimage site.
It’s time to depart from Pelling to Bagdogra Airport. We hope you take back wonderful memories, and we look forward to becoming your travel partner again on another fun-filled trip.
- GST @ 5% or as applicable.
- Meet & greet upon arrival.
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal).
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation on MAP basis (room + breakfast & dinner)
- Lunch during sightseeing/transfers.
- Permits for restricted/protected areas.
- English-speaking guide throughout the trip.
- Protected area permits & entre fee for monuments and parks.
- Travel insurance.
- Camera fee, river cruise, any up-gradation charges.
- Cost for evening snacks & tea.
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” heads.
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc.
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary.