Panch Pokhri TrekDuration :8 days, 7 nights
PRICE: INR 28000 per person on twin-sharing
Arrival − Borong
We will pick you up from Bagdogra airport/NJP railway station and drive you to the picturesque village of Borong.
To fully embrace the native way of life, we’ve booked you at the Rahul Homestay, where you will experience local hospitality, food, and lodging.Stay Details : Rahul Homestay , Ravangla / Similar
Borong – Phamthang Busty
After breakfast, you will leave for Phamthang Busty, which is the trail head for the Panch Pokhri trek.
As it’s a long trek, you will make your way to Aloo Tar (approx 4-5 hrs of walking) and camp there for the night. The trail passes through a mixed temperate forest of chestnuts, oaks, and mid-altitude bamboos.
At the campsite, you will eat packed lunch, and the rest of the day can be spent exploring the surrounding landscape.
Aloo Tar − Chandu
It’s time to leave the campsite after an early breakfast as you continue your upward climb towards Chandu, which is approx 7 kms of walking distance from there. You will observe a gradual change in the vegetation today as you cross over from the temperate to alpine region with pine and rhododendron forest taking over the mixed chestnut and oak trees.
You will once again spend the night under the stars at the campsite in Chandu.
Chandu – Gairi Orar
You are now into day 3 of your trek and will climb towards Gairi Orar, which is an alpine meadow below the holy five lakes.
Once you reach the campsite at Gairi Orar by late afternoon, you will be served lunch. Take the rest of the time just basking in the beauty of nature, sit around a bonfire when the sun sets, and cosy up in your tents.
Gairi Orar − Panch Pokhri − Gaira Orar
You’re only 9 km away from your destination today. The walk to Panch Pokhri and the view from there is worth the 4-day upward climb.
Your hike today will comprise trekking up from Gairi Orar to Panch Pokhri and then making your way back to the Gairi Orar campsite, where you will spend the night.
Gairi Orar − Chandu
Today, you will walk back to Chandu from Gairi Orar after breakfast. Your overnight stay is at the camp.
Chandu − Aloo Tar − Phamthang
After breakfast, you will come down to Aloo Tar from Chandu and have lunch.
You will then move down to Phamthang Busty and stay the night.
You will start from Phamthang after breakfast and head to Borong, where you will halt for lunch.
We will then drive you to Bagdogra airport/N.J.P railway station. We hope you take back happy memories and await your return for another exciting trip with us.
- Meet & greet upon arrival
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at
- your disposal)
- Accommodation in the mentioned home stay /camps for duration mentioned in the itinerary
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- All permits, road taxes, parking charges, and driver allowance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation charges
- 5% GST
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter tip, etc
- Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Room Heater