Homestay Experience in SikkimDuration :9 days, 8 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- We will pick you up from Bagdogra airport/NJP railway station and drive you towards Aritar, which offers a multitude of options to visitors such as trekking, adventure sports, and nature trails.
- You will reach Aritar by evening, after which you can spend your evening at leisure.
- You will be spending your night in a beautiful homestay here.
Aritar – Zuluk
- After breakfast, we will take you to one of the most interesting places in Aritar—Lampokhari Lake, which is a beautiful manmade lake. Afterwards, we will take you to Zuluk, which is a hill top and a transit point within the Silk Route. The road through Zuluk makes almost 32 hairpin turns to reach Lungthung, showcasing a unique engineering feat. You can spend your evening at leisure.
- Overnight stay in a homestay.
Zuluk – Gangtok
- After your breakfast we will take you towards Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir via Zuluk.
- Tsomgo Lake is an oval-shaped lake spanning 1 km long and is 15 m deep. This lake is very sacred for the local people. You can enjoy its mesmerizing view from the ropeway or take a yak ride around it.
- If time permits, you can do boating in Hangu Lake, which is few kilometers away from Tsomgo Lake, or you will be heading back to Gangtok.
- Overnight stay in a homestay.
Gangtok local sightseeing
- Make sure you don’t skip your breakfast as you’ll be exploring the wonderful city of Gangtok today, and there are a lot of things to see.
- Depending on the best time to be at particular places (catching the sunrise or sunset, crowd, etc), you will be driven to various tourist spots accordingly.
- Your day will include visiting the famous Banjhakri and Bakthang waterfalls. Both of these falls have their own unique, mesmerizing features. This is your chance to wear the traditional dress of Sikkim, provided at the stall there, and get your picture clicked.
- You’ll also be visiting Do Drul Chorten (stupa) & Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, two important religious places that are a must visit. The Namgyal Institute of Tibetology holds one of the largest collections of Tibetan works in the world outside Tibet.
- To get a thrilling view of Gangtok city and the surrounding mountains, you’ll be taken for a ride on the Ropeway and also Tashi View Point.
- End your day snacking on some authentic cuisine at the many local restaurants in MG Marg.
Gangtok – Ravangla
- After having your breakfast, we will take you to some very scenic places today in Ravangla. You will go on a car tour, covering local spots such as Seven Mirror Lake, Ravangla Buddha Park (Tathagata Tsal), and Tashiding Monastery. Later you can spend your evening at leisure.
- Tonight, you will be spending your night in a beautiful homestay experiencing the local way of life.
Ravangla – Pelling
- After having your breakfast, you will be going to Pelling. After you reach there, you will be visiting Khecheopalri Lake. As the prayer flags flutter in the wind and the calming sounds of bells ring one after the other, make a wish at this wish-fulfilling lake. This is a sacred pilgrimage site for both Hindus and Buddhists and a paradise for nature lovers and trekkers as well. You will also be visiting Khangchendzonga waterfall and Rimbi Falls and Sanga Choeling Monastery, which is one of the oldest monasteries. Here you can experience walking on the sky walk, which is a transparent structure made of glass. It is located adjacent to the giant Chenrezig statue, around 6-7 kms from Pelling town. You can also get good views of Mt Khangchendzonga and other peaks from this point.
- The second half of the day will excite history enthusiasts as we take you to Rabdentse Ruins. Rabdentse was the second capital of the former kingdom of Sikkim. The palace and monastery complex was destroyed during a Nepalese invasion. Another historic place of significance is Pemayangtse Monastery.
- Last stop of the day is a visit to Singshore Bridge. With a height of over 100m and 240m in length, it is the highest bridge in Sikkim and the second highest bridge in Asia. It is truly a man made marvel that offers a spectacular view of immense greenery that makes it difficult to distinguish between the lowlands and the mountains. You can feel the thrill when you are standing in the middle of the bridge and the strong wind blows.
- You can spend your evening at leisure before heading back to homestay.
Pelling – Barsey
- After your breakfast, we will take you towards Hilley. On the way you can visit Barsey Rhododendron Sanctuary. The sanctuary boast of over 40 varieties of rhododendron, and during full bloom, the whole sanctuary looks colorful.
- You will be experience a different type of accommodation today as you will be staying in a homestay this time. This will give you a great chance to understand local life and culture.
Barsey – Namchi
- After breakfast, we will drive you to Namchi, a hotspot for pilgrims, as it’s dotted with many monasteries. The structures are really spectacular and your sightseeing tour will include Samdruptse Hill, Siddeshwar Sai Mandir, and Char Dham.
- You will be spending your night in a homestay.
- We’ll drive you to Bagdogra airport or N.J.P. railway station. We hope you take back happy memories and await your return for another exciting trip with us.
- Meet & greet upon arrival
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary in private cab (vehicle will not be at your disposal)
- Accommodation in the mentioned homestay for duration mentioned in the itineraryDaily Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerAll permits, road taxes, parking charges, and driver allowance
Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation charges5% GSTNathulaCost for evening snacks & teaCost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” headCost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal farePersonal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter tip, etcDifference in cost arising due to change in fuel priceDifference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itineraryTravel insuranceAnything not mentioned in the ‘PACKAGE INCLUSIONS’ sectionRoom HeaterSightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation charges
- 5% GST
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter tip, etc
- Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the ‘PACKAGE INCLUSIONS’ section
- Room Heater