Explore the Best of North & West SikkimDuration :9 days, 8 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
Arrival: Bagdogra / NJP - Gangtok
- Enjoy the scenery, pass by the historical Coronation Bridge and watch the playful Teesta river shifting sides as you travel up.
- Check into hotel at Gangtok. Evening will be at leisure.
- You may chose to take a stroll along MG Marg or even have a traditional Sikkimese meal. We can arrange this at an extra cost
- Overnight stay in Gangtok
Excursion trip: Gangtok - Tsomgo Lake - Baba Mandir - Nathula - Gangtok
- After an early breakfast you will be driven about 32 kms outside Gangtok
- You will be travelling to Tsomgo Lake which is located at an altitude of 3,753 m (12,313 ft) above sea level.
- Tsomgo Lake is an oval-shaped lake spanning 1 km long and 15 mtrs deep. This lake is very sacred for the local people. You can also enjoy the mesmerizing view of the lake from the ropeway.
- You will also visit Baba Mandir, which is a distinguished sightseeing place of Sikkim.
- This “Mandir” or shrine is dedicated to “Baba” Harbhajan Singh, a soldier of the Indian Army who died near Nathula Pass.
- If weather allows and permits are available, travel to the Indo-China border of Nathula Pass. This area is heavily protected by the Army and border forces.
- You will spend the night at the hotel in Gangtok.
Gangtok - Lachen
- After breakfast transfer to Lachen
- On a way you can visit Bakthang water falls, Tashi View point, Naga Falls and the Seven Sister Falls too
- Check into your hotel/ homestay in Lachen.
- Evening will be at leisure. Have an early night as you will be visiting Gurudongmar Lake early in the morning.
- Over Night Stay at Lachen
- Early morning get ready to visit Gurudongmar lake, at an altitude of more than 17000 ft above sea level. It is a scared lake, a part of which never freezes even when temperatures dip to minus. You have to visit to know about the legend.
- Drive back to Lachen for lunch and continue towards Lachung
- En-route, you can also stop over at Rabom Angora Rabbit Breeding Centre/Farm which breeds these rabbits originally from Turkey for their fine wool. The local weavers create beautiful souvenirs that you can carry back.
- Check into hotel at Lachung
- Enjoy a hearty meal and recount your adventure at Gurudongmar Lake.
Lachung - Yumthang Valley - Gangtok
- After an early morning breakfast, you will be visiting the Yumthang valley which remains covered with snow in winters
- Visit hot water springs en-route
- You have a choice to drive further to Zero Point, a highly recommended destination which will need to be arranged locally. If you are traveling during spring-summer (Mar-May), then you must surely visit here for an excellent view of the valley covered with a carpet of rhododendron flowers. A must snap for your Honeymoon in Sikkim album.
- Drive back to Lachung for lunch and proceed towards Gangtok
- This is your last chance to pick up any souvenirs from Gangtok or local food items from the famous Lal Bazaar close by.
- You will spend the night at the hotel in Gangtok
- This day is at leisure.
- We recommend you to take a day tour around Gangtok popular sightseeing points.
- You can also opt to take a Walking tour through MG Marg and Gangtok which is conducted by us by booking a day before.
- If you are feeling adventurous to explore what the local markets have then head towards the Lal Bazaar for a variety of foods and condiments that you can carry back.
- There are small hikes in and around Gangtok (Bulbuley or the Teen-Jurey hike) that can be undertaken.
- Cycling enthusiasts can also go on a mountain bike trip for a few hours along the outer ridges of Gangtok and stop at breathtaking view points along the way (Lingdok or Bulbuley).
West Sikkim: Gangtok - Pelling
- After breakfast, get ready to move towards Pelling, which is hill town in the west district of Sikkim and is locaed at an altitude of 7200ft above sea-level.
- On a way you can visit Buddha Park (Ravangla) after that
- Continue on your way towards Pelling
- On arrival to Pelling check into hotel. Most of the hotels offer spectacular views of the Khangchendzonga up-close and will make a wonderful morning visual treat for you.
- Evening will be at leisure
- Over Night Stay at Pelling
Local Sightseeing: Pelling
- After breakfast get ready for local sightseeing. There is a lot to explore
- First on the stop is the mysterious Khecheopalri lake, another sacred lake which is brimming with fish that you can feed. The lake is fabled to never have a single leaf remain on its surface and a local folklore behind it.
- Next you will be vsiitinig the Khangchendzonga waterfalls, Rimbi waterfalls
- Return back to Pelling for lunch
- Continue tour to the Pemayangtse Monastery, one of the oldest in Sikkim and take in the peaceful and colorful facades
- You will then be driven to the Rabdentse ruins just below Pemayangtse, which was the second capital of Sikkim
- You will also visit the Singshore bridge and the recently built glass skywalk for some amazing snaps
- Over Night Stay will be at Pelling
Departure : Pelling - Bagdogra/ NJP
- You will proceed towards Bagdogra/ NJP, according to your flight/ train schedule.
- Your trip concludes. Head back home with lots of pictures and awesome memories
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal).
- Room on Twin sharing.
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary.
- Parking fee, Driver allowance, Road Taxes.
- All Permit charges
- 5% GST
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation will be extra cost
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary