Experience the Culture of SikkimDuration :6 days, 5 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- Arrive at Bagdogra/NJP and travel to Passatanga village in Sikkim, which is 125 kms from the airport.
- After freshening up and taking some rest, the host will take you around the house and introduce you to other members of the household.
- You will also be briefed on the trail by your local escort/guide followed by dinner.
- Overnight stay at homestay.
PASSATANGA - NUPGAON
- After breakfast, take a walk to Nupgaon view point.
- Later you can visit the 170-year-old Bhutia House, Khedi Eco-tourism & Eco-development project office, which is an interpretation center for the region. You can also visit the waterfall nearby.
- After lunch, you can explore the culture and the unique way of life of the people.
- Overnight stay in homestay.
NUPGAON - KHEDI TRAIL
- After breakfast, head towards the Khedi Trail,Sikkim.
- You will be passing through deciduous subtropical forest areas that are rich in wildlife and avifauna. Best time for bird sightings are through November to March in the lower altitudes.
- Lunch will be served at Chauri Kharka, which is the lowest alpine meadow where yaks & dzos come during the winter months. From here the trail passes through the Alpine region with rhododendrons and cedars.
- Overnight stay in camp site.
KHEDI TRAIL - TAL KHARKA - PASSATANGA
- After breakfast leave the camp and start for Do Bato, where the trail leading to Sela Pass separates from this point.
- This trail is easy and goes through alpine grazing meadows. Trek further down to Tal Kharka where the topography changes from alpine to mixed forest.
- Lunch will be served at Tal Kharka.
- You can walk down to Passatanga, which is an easy walk downhill.
- In the evening, you can have an interactive session with the host over a bonfire.
- Overnight stay in Passatanga.
PASSATANGA – RUMTEK – GANGTOK - PASSTANGA
- After breakfast, you can visit Rumtek Monastery.
- In the evening, travel back to Passatanga, visiting Gangtok on the way back.
In Gangtok, you can visit White Hall and take the old trade route – Tibet Road and explore the local shops. There you will find handcarved tables and other local items.
- You can move down to Lall Bazar, the local market, and stroll through M.G. Marg.
- Overnight stay in Passtanga.
- After breakfast, travel to the Bagdogra/N.J.P for onward journey.
- Your trip concludes. Head back home with lots of pictures and awesome memories.
- All meals inclusive
- Local guide from day 2 to day 4
- Accommodation as per itinerary in homestay or camp
- Camping equipment
- Vehicle for pick-up and drop
- GST 5%
- Alcoholic beverage and expenses of personal nature
- Evening tea and snacks
- Airfare and/or rail fare
- Laundry, tips