Delightful Sikkim Tour (Feb & March)Duration :7 days, 6 nights
PRICE: Starts at INR 21970/- per person
Pickup – Gangtok (123 kms/4.5 hrs)
- We will pick you up from Bagdogra airport or NJP railway station and drive you to Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim.
- Once you reach Gangtok, you’ll check into the lovely Samayaa Hotel (or someplace similar). We suggest you spend the evening strolling in MG Marg, the town’s main shopping area, brimming with souvenir shops, cafes, multicuisine restaurants etc.
Gangtok – Lachen (110 kms/6 hrs)
- Brace yourself for spectacular views of the Himalayas today, as we drive you up to the picturesque mountain village of Lachen in North Sikkim. During the journey, you’ll make some memorable stops at Tashi View Point, Seven Sisters Waterfall, and Bhim Nala Waterfall.
- Once you’ve reached Lachen, you’ll check in to Mountview Residency Homestay (or someplace similar). Spend the rest of the day exploring this scenic village, home to Lachenpas, a unique Sikkimese Bhutia community. If you’re in love with Tibetan architecture, prayer flags, and prayer wheels, then visit the Lachen Monastery/Gompa.
Lachen – Lachung (50 kms/2 hrs)
- Get ready to ascend to an altitude of 17,800 feet today to view the riveting Gurudongmar Lake, one of the highest lakes in the world! Make sure your camera batteries are charged because you’re definitely going to have a click spasm.
- It’ll be hard to tear away from the beauty of the lake and the beautifully adorned yaks, but we’re going to drive you back to Lachen for some piping hot lunch. You’ll be surprised at how tasty the local cuisine is.
- We know you’ll be itching to get back to the outdoor beauty of North Sikkim, so get doubled up to drive to the picturesque village of Lachung after lunch. You will make a descent to Chungthang and drive up via another route to an elevation of 8,600 feet.
- At Lachung, you’ll check in to Potala Inn (or someplace similar). Take a good night’s rest because tomorrow we’re going to exhaust you with even more spectacular places.
Lachung – Dzongu (70 kms/3 hrs)
- We’d call dibs for a window seat this morning if we were you because you’re going to be driven on the most beautiful, scenic road to Yumthang Valley and Zero Point. If the time is right, Yumthang Valley, also known as Valley of Flowers, will be covered in a riot of colors from blooming wildflowers. Zero Point is a snow-covered valley above Yumthang and the end of the motorable road. You can also find 14 sulphur hot springs here.
- You’ll return to Lachung for some hot lunch. Try the local hot alcoholic beverage called chang or for teetotalers butter tea.
- Next, you’ll be heading to Dzongu straight after lunch. We’ve got a surprise stay awaiting you. You’ll be checking in to a homestay and experiencing the wonderful local hospitality of your Lepcha host. Your stay at Mayal Lyang Homestay (or someplace similar) will be a cultural treat as you interact with your host family, understand their way of life, beliefs, and customs, and ofcourse partake warm, home cooked local food with them.
Dzongu – Gangtok (70 kms/3 hrs)
- This morning you’ll explore the wonderful land of the Lepcha people, the original inhabitants of Sikkim. After you’ve taken in the sights of the enchanting Dzouku valley, we’ll first take you to Lingthem Monastery, which was established in 1857. Every winter, the lamas hold their annual cham—dramatic ritual masked dances—over a period of 6 days.
- Get ready to skirt a mountain cliff as you hike your way to the three-tiered Lingzya Falls and later enjoy a spa moment as you immerse yourself in Dzongu’s hot springs.
- End your sightseeing by indulging in some delicious local cuisine before you head back to Gangtok. Get a good night’s sleep at Samayaa Resort as you’ll be heading out early the next morning.
Gangtok – Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir (60 kms/2.5 hrs)
- No trip to Sikkim is complete without visiting Tsomgo Lake, which is where you’ll be heading to this morning. This glacial lake reflects a wonderful blue most of the year and remains frozen during winter. Close by is Baba Harbhajan Singh Temple (Baba Mandir), which has an interesting tale attached to it.
- You’re back to Gangtok in the evening and will check in at Samayaa Resort for the night.
- We’ll drive you to Bagdogra airport or N.J.P. railway station. We hope you take back happy memories and await your return for another exciting trip with us.
- Meet & greet upon arrival
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary in Innova/Xylo (vehicle will not be at your disposal)
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast in Gangtok
- All meals in Lachen, Lachung, and Dzongu
- All permits, road taxes, parking charges, and driver allowance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any upgradation charges.
- Cost for evening snacks & tea.
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter tip, etc
- Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary
- Nathula, Chopta Valley, Kala Pathar, Zero Point, and Katao
- Travel insurance
- Anything not mentioned in the ‘PACKAGE INCLUSIONS’ section