Kathmandu Muktinath Nagarkot Package by LandDuration :10 days, 9 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- Meeting at airport upon arrival by TourGenie Representative. Transfer to hotel. Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal and the Kathmandu Valley is the political and cultural heart of the Kingdom.
- The urban sprawl that makes up modern Kathmandu is in fact two cities, Patan and Kathmandu.
- This morning you will be taken for a visit of the Hindu culture in Nepal, Pashupatinath Mandir in Kathmandu. This place in Nepal is where holy sadhus pray.
- The Pashupatinath Temple is a famous, sacred Hindu temple dedicated to Pashupatinath and is located on the banks of the Bagmati River 5 kilometres north-east of Kathmandu Valley in the eastern city of Kathmandu the capital of Nepal. This temple is considered one of the sacred temples of Hindu faith .The temple serves as the seat of the national deity, Lord Pashupatinath. This temple complex is on UNESCO World Heritage Sites's list since 1979.
- This "extensive Hindu temple precinct" is a "sprawling collection of temples, ashrams, images and inscriptions raised over the centuries along the banks of the sacred Bagmati River". We then continue to the holiest shrine for the Buddhist culture in Nepal, Bouddhanath, with its large stupa, this is the place where Buddhists devout come for a pilgrimage.
- Today you will be taken take you for a visit to Patan. Also known as Lalitpur, the city of beauty is separated from Kathmandu only by the Bagmati River and is the second largest town in the valley. Lalitpur is fragmented from other cities due to its substantive architectural ancient masterpieces.
- Patan's central Durbar Square is absolutely packed with temples: It’s an architectural center point with a far greater concentration of temples per sq. meter than in Kathamandu or Bhaktapur. Within the city also lies the Tibetan refugee center, home to most of the valley's Tibetan population. While technically refugees, the Tibetans are some of the wealthiest people in the valley because of the carpet industry they operate.
- For those looking to bring home a fine Tibetan carpet, this is the place to shop. You will then go to Swayambhunath in Nepal, the golden spire of the 5th-century Swayambhu stupa is adorned with a colorful fluttering of prayer flags; it crowns a hill overlooking the Kathmandu Valley and offers fantastic views over the city of Kathmandu. Swayambhunath is one of the most recognizable symbols in Nepal and the painted eyes of Buddha watch all who ascend the worn stone steps.
Kathmandu / Pokhara (210 KMS)
- Drive to Pokhara. Pokhara is 210 kms from Kathmandu and is a 7 hours drive approx.
- From Pokhara town (2,352 feet) in good weather there are splendid views right from the hotel.
- On the way you have an option of doing the river rafting or visit the Manakamna Temple “Goddess of Fulfilling Wishes” where you are taken by a cable ride of 10 mins. Overnight at hotel.
Pokhara / Jomsom
- After Breakfast, early morning fly to Jomsom. Upon arrival at Jomsom, walk over to the hotel which is 2 minutes from the airport.
- Please do note that Jomsom is a small village in the Mountains. Only basic accommodation is available here. The clients will have to walk from the airport to the hotel which takes about 5 minutes. Porters are sent to the airport to carry the luggage by the hotel. 15 Kg luggage per adult and 7 kg per child is allowed by the airlines on this sector.
- The aircraft is a Twin Otter or Doniar - average 15 seats.
- Darshan of Muktinath Temple: To visit Muktinath, the clients will have to walk for about 15-20 minutes over the Kali Gandaki River. Here there is no means of transport as on the river there is a narrow bridge - vehicles cannot cross. After crossing the bridge take the Jeep on sharing basis for Muktinath. Originally the route from Jomson to Muktinath was a trekker’s route only. Recently the route has been widened and 4x4 vehicles can only drive.
- The path is a Dirt road. The ride is Bumpy all the way. The drive takes about 1.5 hours one way. Upon arrival at Muktinath it is another 30 minutes’ walk from the base to the Temple. Darshan on your own of Muktinath & following the same route return to Jomsom.
Jomsom / Pokhara
- Fly back to Pokhara early morning and transfer to hotel.
- This afternoon you will visit Bindebasini Temple. This is one of the oldest temples in Pokhara was a part of Kaski Kingdom, the main deity of the temple,Goddess Durga, was brought from India . Apart from the peace and tranquility that can be felt in this region, the premises of the temple offers a good view of the Himalaya on a clear day.
- The temple is in the area of the bazaar, hence, a journey of the old bazaar can be combined with a visit to the temple. Sightseeing to Devi’s fall, also known as Patale Chango is an awesome waterfall lying 2 km southwest of Pokhara. During summer and rainy season, the waterfall takes its real form, with gushing water splashing and making its way through the rocks. Just opposite of Devi’s fall, on the other side of the road, there is Gupteshwor Cave.
- This cave is popular for the different natural forms made from limestone deposits. Photography is strictly prohibited inside the cave.
- Overnight at hotel.
Pokhara / Chitwan
- This morning you will go for an excursion trip to Sarangkot, Nepal. Sarangkot is the most popular tourist destination from where the tourist can enjoy the great view of the Pokhara Valley and the magnificent view of the mountains.
- Sarangkot is only 13 kms from Lake Side, Pokhara. Sarangkot is the highest view point for a sunrise and it is just 1592m high. Sarangkot is cooler than Pokhara. Sarangkot can be reached easily by 45 to 60 minutes by a car ride to the top from Pokhara. Many tourists come to Sarangkot for sunrise view and go back.
- Paragliding can also be done from Sarangkot. From Sarangkot, on the northern direction we can see Dhaulagiri in the far west. Annapurna range is visible when the weather is clear on the same side. On the southern direction the village overlooks the city of Pokhara and its lake on the north-western outskirts of the city.
- Drive to Chitwan. Chitwan is 180 Km & is a 04 hours drive from Pokhara. Chitwan is one of Asia's premier wildlife reserves. Its 360 square miles of tall grasslands and forests are home to a wide variety of mammals and birds, including several endangered species.
- Enjoy Jungle observation at Chitwan National park in Nepal. The highlight being the Elephant Safari in the jungles. Other activities are Canoeing, Dugout canoe, Nature Walk and Bird Watching. Also experience walking through the forests with naturalists and watch the Native folk dances of the Terais.
- Overnight at hotel.
Chitwan / Nagarkot
- Drive back to Kathmandu and then continue drive to Nagarkot, Nepal. Nagarkot is situated 32 kilometers, 1.5 hrs drive east of Kathmandu at an altitude of 2,175 meters.
- The panoramic view of the major peaks including Mt. Everest can be seen from here. This place is also famous for viewing sunrise and sunset.
- Overnight at hotel.
Nagarkot / Airport
Drive straight to the international airport which is 1.5 hours drive approx from Nagarkot to board flight for onward journey.
• 03 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with Breakfast
• 02 nights accommodation in Pokhara with Breakfast
• 02 nights accommodation in Chitwan with breakfast, lunch and dinner
• 01 night accommodation in Jomsom with Breakfast
• Extremely basic accommodation only available with non A/c rooms
• 01 night accommodation in Nagarkot with Breakfast
• 02 international airport transfers by a non A/c vehicle exclusively
• 02 domestic airport transfers in Pokhara
• Sightseeing as per the itinerary in Kathmandu and Pokhara by a non a/c vehicle exclusively
• Transportation Jomsom – Muktinath – Jomsom by a non A/c Jeep on SIC basis (12 pax in a jeep ) or clients can take an independent jeep at an extra cost. Do ask for the cost.
• Airfare Pokhara / Jomsom / Pokhara
• ACAP fee for Jomsom included ( Permit required to visit Jomsom for which 2 passport size photograph and passport photocopy is required )
• Jungle activities in the Chitwan National Park with entrance fees and national park fees ( Elephant safari is the highlight which is included, jeep safari not included )
• Transportation Kathmandu / Pokhara / Chitwan / Nagarkot / Kathmandu by
• A non a/c vehicle exclusively
• Services other than specified.
• Entrance fee at the monumental sites during the sightseeing
• Guide during the sightseeing
• Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls.
• Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, etc.
• Any tips to drivers, hotel staff, any meals apart from the ones mentioned above.
• Any other tax or service charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra & need to borne by you