Shillong And Cherrapunjee TourDuration :5 days, 4 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- Arrive at Guwahati airport, received and transferred to Shillong (130 kms / 3 hrs drive).
- Enroute stop at the scenic view point of the Umiam lake (one of the famous tourist places, the largest man-made lake in Northeast India)
- Reach Shillong and check into hotel
- After refreshment, if time permits you can visit Cathedral of Marry and in the evening you can roam the Shillong’s famous Police Bazaar on foot
- Overnight at Shillong.
- Today after breakfast we set to explore Cherrapunjee (56kms/02hrs drive)
- We will visit tourist places like the Elephant falls and then drive further to Cherrapunjee.
- At Cherrapunjee we visit the Nohkalikai Falls (the fourth highest falls in the world), Mawsmai Cave, Seven Sister Falls
- Post lunch at Cherrapunjee, you can visit Thankarang Park and Koh Ramhah
- You can alternatively go for a trek to Single Decker Living Root Bridge - 3-4 hours from the place you will check into.
- Overnight at Cherrapunjee.
- After breakfast, you can visit local sightseeing places in Cherrapunjee
- Later drive back to Shillong. (60 kms / 2 hrs drive approx one way).
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
Shillong - Mawlynnong - Shillong (Meghalaya)
After breakfast excursion to Mawlynnong (100 kms / 3 hrs drive approx). Enroute near Shillong visit Elephant Falls and then proceed to Mawlynnong . Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
Note: It is advisable to carry packed lunch to Mawlynnong
Mawlynnong village, situated 90 kms ahead of Shillong on the Shillong-Dawki Road, 30 kms from Pynursla, is a village of 75 households with a population of 400. An idyllic location, this village epitomizes a standard, which all other villages need to aspire to be. Dubbed the cleanest village in India by Discover India Magazine, the primary Village School till class V boasts of its no dropout record and the village of 90 % literacy. Paved walkways and beautiful flowerbed all along mark the village, with waterfalls, *a living root bridge, hilly rivulets, acacia plantation and an excellent view of the faraway plains of Bangladesh all contribute to the ambience of this village. Farming of betel nut & leaves, broomsticks and pepper along with bee rearing are the primary economic activity of this Village and with the village headman himself taking the responsibility of making visitors comfortable, a day in this village gives an insight into the life of the Khasis, the influence of the Church and its metamorphosis.
Shillong – Guwahati airport drop (MEGHALAYA – ASSAM)
- After breakfast drive to Guwahati airport (140 kms/ 4 hrs drive approx)
- Return home with happy memories and a desire to return for more adventures
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal).
- Room on Twin sharing.
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary.
- Parking fee, Driver allowance, Road Taxes.
- All Permit charges.
- 5% GST
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation will be extra cost
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary