Majestic Assam-Meghalaya Tour PackageDuration :6 days, 5 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
Guwahati – Kaziranga National Park (ASSAM)
- Arrive Guwahati airport and transfer to Kaziranga (250 Kms / 5 hrs drives approx). Check in Hotel. Overnight in Kaziranga.
Kaziranga National Park:
- In the heart of Assam, covering an area of 430 sq-kms, is inhabited by the world's largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses, as well as many mammals, including tigers, elephants, panthers and bears, and thousands of birds. In 1985, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its unique natural environment.
Note: This is for your information that elephant ride and jeep safari and forest entry are regulated and controlled by the forest dept. Govt. of Assam. As such we do not have any control for booking of elephant seats and entry by jeeps
- After breakfast enjoy the Park on a Jeep. Get to see the best attraction of the park, the Indian one horned Rhino. In the evening visit tea garden and local villages. Overnight at Kaziranga.
- After breakfast drive to Shillong (290 kms / 7 hrs drive approx). The best time to visit Shillong is pre-monsoon. Check in at hotel. Overnight in Shillong.
- After breakfast we trek to Single Decker Living Root Bridge - 3-4 hours from the Resort. Distance 4 km down and up 1000 feet approx.
- This trek starts from the Resort premises and goes down hill through village Sohsarat. The steps are relatively steeper in two short stretches. Half the distance is covered by steps going down hill.
- Then there is a jungle path going along the sides of the hill leading to the Living Root Bridge with a few steps after short stretches of sloping foot path. Moss thrives on these sandstone steps during the monsoon and makes them slippery.
- Trek back to resort and evening at leisure with traditional music played by the locals.
- You will be traveling to Cherrapunjee – the wettest place on the earth.
- En route visit the famous Elephant Falls.
- At Cherrapunjee visit famous places like Mawsmai Cave, Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls.
- After lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit Thankarang Park, Koh Ramhah. Overnight halt.
- Overnight at Cherrapunjee.
- After breakfast excursion to Mawlynnong (100 kms / 3 hrs drive approx).
- Enroute near Shillong visit Elephant Falls, then proceed to Mawlynnong.
- Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
Shillong – Guwahati airport drop (MEGHALAYA – ASSAM)
- After breakfast drive to Guwahati airport (140 kms/ 4 hrs drive approx)
- Return home with happy memories and a desire to return for more adventures
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal).
- Room on Twin sharing.
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary.
- Parking fee, Driver allowance, Road Taxes.
- All Permit charges.
- 5% GST
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation will be extra cost
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary