Jaintia and Khasi Hill Village Tour-MeghalayaDuration :7 days, 6 nights
PRICE: INR 25070 per person on double/triple sharing
After a relaxed breakfast, you will visit Don Bosco Museum. The museum focuses on local indigenous people and culture, with tools, clothing, and artifacts on display. The Butterfly Museum in its premises is worth visiting.
In the afternoon you will head to Lewduh (Bara Bazaar), the largest Khasi market—explore the wonderful bylanes overflowing with local goods and produce and connect with local residents
Shillong – Dawki
Leaving Shillong behind, you will travel to the Bangladesh border, which is above Dawki.
The drive will take you through Nartiang Village, Monolith Park near Jowai, and Thadlaskein Lake for a pleasant getaway in a homestay.
Dawki is best explored on foot. After breakfast, you can stroll around the village and even walk towards a few living root bridges that are in close proximity to the village. The living root bridges are testament to the ingenuity of the villagers and how they’ve harmonized with nature to create something functional for years to come.
Since we know it’s hard to pull away from such serenity, you can enjoy a packed lunch by the river.
You will head back to the homestay for relaxation and a wonderful dinner.
Dawki – Mawphlang
You will be experiencing farm life today as you drive via Dawki to Mawphlang, with lunch on the way.
Once you have reached the farm, you can relax, stroll around the farm, interact with your hosts, or sit by the fire in the traditional kitchen.
In the evening, enjoy a wonderful home-cooked meal made of fresh local produce from the farm. You might not have even come across some of the ingredients, so expect to be surprised with the flavour profile.
You will be visiting Law Lyngdoh or Mawphlang Sacred Grove in the morning. For those who want to go for a longer walk, you can opt for a trek on the David Scott Trail.
Overnight stay at the farm.
We will drive you to Guwahati airport/N.J.P. railway station or to Shillong soon after breakfast.
We hope you take back happy memories and await your return for another exciting trip with us.
- Meet & Greet upon arrival at Airport / Railway Station
- All accommodation as per itinerary // Or Similar
- Daily Breakfast
- All driver allowance & parking fees
- All applicable Transfers & Sightseeing by AC vehicle which will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the guest as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis).
- 5% GST
- Any travel or medical insurance
- Cost for Airfare, Train fare, Insurance Premiums, Rafting Charges, Guide Charges.
- Cost for service provided on a personal request
- Any expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, etc
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera fees
- Anything not included in the above inclusions
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, landslides, road blockage, political Disturbances, fuel price hike (to be borne by the client which is directly payable on the spot and as per actual)