Hot Spring and Heritage Village-MeghalayaDuration :5 days, 4 nights
PRICE: INR 22195 per person on double/triple sharing
Arrival – Shillong
We will pick you up from Guwahati airport/railway station and drive you to Shillong, a beautiful city encircled by pine trees.
You will stop on the way for lunch and relaxation.
After your arrival in Shillong, you will check into a wonderful homestay–Café Shillong B&B.
After a relaxed breakfast, you will visit Don Bosco Museum. The museum focuses on local indigenous people and culture, with tools, clothing, and artifacts on display. The Butterfly Museum in its premises is worth visiting.
In the afternoon you will head to Lewduh (Bara Bazar), the largest Khasi market—Explore the wonderful by-lanes overflowing with local goods and produce and connect with local residents.Stay Details : Cafe Shillong B&B , Shillong / Similar
Mawphlang Village is one of many settlements in the Khasi hills named after monoliths, and this is where you will be heading to today. You will also visit Law Lyngdoh or Mawphlang Sacred Grove and Khasi Heritage village at Synrang Kaban.
Your afternoon is all about relaxation as we take you to unwind in the hot springs of Jakrem.
You will head back to Café Shillong B&B later in the evening.Stay Details : Cafe Shillong B&B , Shillong / Similar
You will be witnessing something spectacular today. You day starts with a drive to Kongthong, and then on to Khrang Village. From here you will hike to Kongthong village (2.5 km) also known as the whistling village.
Every time a baby is born here, the mother composes a lullaby that becomes a unique identity of the child for life! What’s more, the lullaby has no words. It is a tune, a kind of babble or a hum that only the villagers are able to recognize and understand. Each one of the 700 villagers have their unique ‘identity caller tune or hum’ and lasts anywhere from half-a-minute to a minute.
After you have had an interesting tête-à-tête with the locals, you will head back to Shillong for relaxation.Stay Details : Cafe Shillong B&B , Shillong / Similar
- Meet & Greet upon arrival at Airport / Railway Station
- All accommodation as per itinerary // Or Similar
- Daily Breakfast
- All driver allowance & parking fees
- All applicable Transfers & Sightseeing by AC vehicle which will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the guest as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis).
- Any travel or medical insurance
- Cost for Airfare, Train fare, Insurance Premiums, Rafting Charges, Guide Charges.
- Cost for service provided on a personal request
- Any expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, etc
- 5% GST
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera fees
- Anything not included in the above inclusions
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, landslides, road blockage, political Disturbances, fuel price hike (to be borne by the client which is directly payable on the spot and as per actual)