Explore West Jaintia Hills-MeghalayaDuration :5 days, 4 nights
PRICE: INR 20125 per person on double/triple sharing
Arrival – Shillong
We will pick you up from Guwahati airport/railway station and drive you to Shillong, a beautiful city encircled by pine trees.
You will stop on the way for lunch and relaxation.
After your arrival in Shillong, you will check into a wonderful homestay–Café Shillong B&B.Stay Details : Cafe Shillong B&B , Shillong / Similar
Today, you will be exploring the town of Jowai; a scenic place located on a plateau surrounded on three sides by the Myntdu River bordering Bangladesh to the south.
After a scenic 2-hour drive, you will check into your hotel and freshen up after which you will be taken on a sightseeing tour.
You will start off by visiting Nartiang Village, where you will see interesting monoliths; Nartiang Durga Temple; and the Shiva temple, which houses some of the artifacts from the palace of the Jaintia rulers.
You will then make your way to Larnai Village, which is famous for its terracotta cooking utensils.
Afterwards, you will go to Thadlaskein Lake for a pleasant boat ride. This is a manmade lake fed by a perennial spring and is a popular picnic and recreational spot.
On your way back to Jowai, you will visit Tyrshi Falls. If time permits, you might visit Kiang Nangbah Monument and Syntu Ksian Fish Sanctuary.
You will be staying at Jowai.
After breakfast, you will leave for another sightseeing tour. In the first half, you will cover Thlumuwi Stone Bridge, Muwi Falls, and Jarain Pitcher Plant Lake.
After having lunch at a local café, you will proceed to Muktapur to visit Umiakneish Stone Bridge and Krangsuri Falls, Syndai village for its caves system, and Rupasor bathing ghats.
You will come back to your hotel in the evening and enjoy a nice dinner before retiring.
Get ready for an entire day of adventure. After breakfast, you will drive to Umking, situated on the Bangladesh border. En route you will stop at Lumshong Village, famous for its cave system, especially entry to the Umlawan cave system. These caves comprise innumerable stalagmites and stalactites that are natural beauties.
You will next proceed to Umkiang to visit U Lum Sunaraja, which is deep lake on top of a hillock.
According to the legend, the locals from Umkiang Village and the surrounding villages believe that old elephants go to meet their death at U Lum Sunaraja by plunging themselves into the deep lake. They also believe that there are huge dragons protecting the tusks from these animals so that no one can take the ivory.
You will head back to your hotel for dinner.
- Meet & Greet upon arrival at Airport / Railway Station
- All accommodation as per itinerary // Or Similar
- Daily Breakfast
- All driver allowance & parking fees
- All applicable Transfers & Sightseeing by AC vehicle which will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the guest as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis).
- 5% GST
- Any travel or medical insurance
- Cost for Airfare, Train fare, Insurance Premiums, Rafting Charges, Guide Charges.
- Cost for service provided on a personal request
- Any expenses of personal nature like tips, laundry, etc
- Alcoholic beverages
- Camera fees
- Anything not included in the above inclusions
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, landslides, road blockage, political Disturbances, fuel price hike (to be borne by the client which is directly payable on the spot and as per actual)