Experience Assam and Meghalaya Tour PackageDuration :6 days, 5 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- Arrive at Guwahati airport and transfer to hotel. Enroute to hotel visit Kamakhya temple – it is situated at the top of the Nilachal Hill at about 800 feet above the sea level. This is one of the most famous Hindu temples in Northeast India. The entire temple complex not only comprises of many other temples but also a whole set of people connected with them. Apart from the main Devi temple, it also comprises of some other major temples of Devi Kali, Tara, Bagala, Chinnamasta, Bhuvanesvari, Bhairavi and Dhumavati. (Timing 08:00 A.M till 01:00 P.M & 3:00 P.M till its gets dark)
- Also visit Sankardev Kalakhetra – light and sound show or evening river cruise on direct payment.
- Overnight at Guwahati.
Note: Sightseeing possible if arrival in morning time.
Guwahati – Cherrapunjee (ASSAM – MEGHALAYA)
- After breakfast we visit the Nabagraha Temple and then drive to Cherrapunjee (200 kms / 6 hrs drive approx). Check in to hotel. Overnight in Cherrapunjee.
- After breakfast we trek to Single Decker Living Root Bridge - 3-4 hours from the Resort. Distance 4 km down and up 1000 feet approx. This trek starts from the Resort premises and goes down hill through village Sohsarat. The steps are relatively steeper in two short stretches. Half the distance is covered by steps going down hill. Then there is a jungle path going along the sides of the hill leading to the Living Root Bridge with a few steps after short stretches of sloping foot path. Moss thrives on these sandstone steps during the monsoon and makes them slippery. Back trek to resort and evening at leisure with local music placed by the local boys. Overnight at Cherrapunjee.
You will be traveling to Cherrapunjee – the wettest place on the earth and a must visit places in Northeast India. En route visit the famous Elephant Falls. At Cherrapunjee visit – Mawsmai Cave, Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. After lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit Thankarang Park, Koh Ramhah. Overnight halt.
Note- Falls active in monsoon.
Cherrapunjee – Mawlynnong - Shillong (MEGHAYALA)
- After breakfast excursion to Mawlynnong (100 kms / 3 hrs drive approx). Enroute Shillong visit Elephant Falls, then proceed to Mawlynnong. Drive back to Shillong for overnight stay.
Note: It is advisable to carry packed lunch to Mawlynnong.
- Mawlynnong village, situated 90 kms ahead of Shillong on the Shillong-Dawki Road, 30 kms from Pynursla, is a village of 75 households with a population of 400. An idyllic location, this village epitomizes a standard, which all other villages need to aspire to be. Dubbed the cleanest village in India by Discover India Magazine, the primary Village School till class V boasts of its no dropout record and the village of 90 % literacy. Paved walkways and beautiful flowerbed all along mark the village, with waterfalls, *a living root bridge, hilly rivulets, acacia plantation and an excellent view of the faraway plains of Bangladesh all contribute to the ambience of this village. Farming of betel nut & leaves, broomsticks and pepper along with bee rearing are the primary economic activity of this Village and with the village headman himself taking the responsibility of making visitors comfortable, a day in this village gives an insight into the life of the Khasis, the influence of the Church and its metamorphosis.
- Today we visit DBCIC museum, Cathedral church Ward’s Lake, Elephant falls. Time permitting visit the local market. Overnight at the hotel.
- DBCIC (Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Culture) is the largest of its kind in Asia. It is a centre where you can see, learn and experience the diverse culture of all the states of North East India under one roof.
Note : DBCIC Museum remains closed on Sunday of the week
Shillong – Guwahati airport drop (MEGHALAYA – ASSAM)
- After breakfast drive to Guwahati airport (140 kms/ 3 hrs drive approx).
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing by Tata Sumo/ Innova as per the itinerary of tour package, not at disposal.
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary of tour package.
- Meals on CP / MAP / AP basis.
- GST @ 5 % or as applicable.
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, Camera fee, any up-gradation charges.
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” heads.
- Cost for airfare, train fare or any other internal fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc.
- Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price.
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary.