Beautiful Meghalaya TourDuration :5 days, 4 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- After your arrival at Guwahati airport, you will proceed towards Shillong.
- After you reach Shillong, check in the hotel and freshen up, If time permits, you can visit Cathedral of Mary and Ward’s Lake.
- Later in the evening you can explore Shillong’s famous Police Bazaar.
- Overnight stay in a hotel.
EXPLORE SINGLE DECKER LIVING ROOT BRIDGE
- After having your breakfast, drive to Cherrapunjee, which is a 60 kms/2 hrs drive one way.
- You will trek to Single Decker Living Root Bridge.
- Later in the evening, listen to music played by the local boys.
- Overnight stay in Cherrapunjee.
- You will be driving to Cherrapunjee – the second wettest place on earth.
- You can also visit the famous Elephant Falls and Shillong Peak to enjoy a bird’s eye view of Shillong.
- At Cherrapunjee, you will be visiting Mawsmai Cave, a natural cave that will add some thrill to your adventure; Seven Sisters Falls, where you can experience seven amazing waterfalls complimenting each other; and Nohkalikai Falls, a waterfall that has its own mystery.
- After having your lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit Thankarang Park and Koh Ramhah, and return back to Shillong.
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
Note: Most of the waterfalls are dry during the winter season.
- After breakfast, go for an excursion to Mawlynnong, which is 100 kms/3 hrs drive.
- Drive back to Shillong after lunch.
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
Note: It is advisable to carry packed lunch to Mawlynnong.
Mawlynnong village, situated 90 kms ahead of Shillong on the Shillong-Dawki Road and 30 kms from Pynursla, is a village of 75 households with a population of 400. An idyllic location, this village epitomizes a standard that all other villages need to aspire for.
It was dubbed as the cleanest village in India by Discover India Magazine. The primary village school, which is till class V, boasts of a record of zero dropouts and the village of 90 % literacy. Paved walkways, beautiful flowerbeds, and waterfalls make up the beauty of this village.
Living root bridges, hilly rivulets, areca nut (betel nut) plantations, and the views of the faraway plains of Bangladesh all contribute to the ambiance of this village.
- After breakfast, drive to Guwahati airport/train station.
- Your trip concludes. Head back home with lots of pictures and awesome memories.
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal)
- For 02 PAX: Innova (without luggage carrier)
- For 07 PAX & above: Tempo traveller (up to 06 PAX in one vehicle)
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary
- Two rounds of jeep safari at Manas, including park entry fees
- Meals on CP / MAP / AP basis
- GST@5% or as applicable
- Air fare
- Elephant ride
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any upgradation charges
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for air fare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary