Mesmerizing Manipur TourDuration :8 days, 7 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
Arrive at Imphal - Half Day Tour
- Fly into Bir Tikendrajit International Airport at Imphal. Meet and assist on arrival. Transfer to hotel.
- In the afternoon, visit the State Museum to understand the history, cultural diversity and flora and fauna of Manipur. In the evening we will take part in the Aarti Puja at the Govindajee Temple, the main Vaishnavite Temple of Manipur.
- Note: The starting time of the tour and the number of sites to be visited will depend upon the time of your arrival at Imphal Airport. The temperature in Imphal remains at an average of about 22 degrees with a few hot months in between.
- Overnight at Imphal.
Imphal City Seightseeing
- Full day guided tour of Imphal City which will cover the Kangla Fort, Women’s Market, Saheed Minar, RCKS Art Gallery, Mapal Kangjeibung which is the oldest living Polo Ground in the world and the two WWII Cemeteries.
- Post Lunch visit to Andro village, at Andro visit temple of lord Panam Ningthou, the ruling god of Andro village within the temple there is the sacred fire place which is been burning from time immemorial. The dying of the sacred fire would mean end of the world.
- We also visit a Cultural complex that houses various potteries, musical instruments and a dollhouse, which has replicas of various tribes settled in the state.
- Overnight at Imphal.
The Burma Border Sightseeing
- We take you to the border town of Moreh (110 km from Imphal) and cross over into Tamu in Burma (Myanmar) to see its bustling bazaar, friendly people and main Buddhist monastery. En route near Tengnoupal you enjoy stunning views from the road at 5,000 feet of the mountains that form the India-Burma border. En route we can see the Shenam Saddle where some of the most ferocious fighting of the WWII took place between the British and Japanese soldiers.
- Drive back to Imphal. Overnight at Imphal.
- Crossing the international border into Tamu is only permitted for and on offer to Indian tourists. Foreign nationals can travel up to Moreh only.
- The border and the market are closed on Full moon and New moon days.
Imphal - Ukhrul
- After breakfast, drive to Ukhrul – one of the most unexploited hill stations of India. This beautiful home of the cordial indigenous Tangkhul Nagas is situated at a height of 5, 453 ft above sea level, we recommend warm clothes in winter as here it is much colder than temperature in Imphal. The beautiful sights on the way to Ukhrul are a real treat for the eyes. On arrival, walk around the town and the market to see the activities of the cheerful local people.
- Overnight at Ukhrul.
- Ukhrul is famous for Shiroi Lily which blooms on the slopes of the Shiroi Peak. Although the lily blooms only in May-June, many people love to trek the heights of Shiroi Peak for breathtaking views of the landscape and greenery.
- Phangrei is another trekking route for the more energetic person.
- Visit the headman of Ukhrul town to see the human skulls preserved in his house from the time of the ‘head hunting’ days. You will get to know how the Tangkhul Nagas give themselves in to western education and do away with head hunting.
- Overnight at Ukhrul.
Ukhrul - Loktak Lake
- Check out from your hotel and drive towards Imphal and further along the Tiddim Road. This drive has as its main destination the breathtakingly beautiful Loktak Lake, the largest freshwater lake in North East India and Manipur’s top tourist spot.
- We can get a bird’s eye view of the lake from the Sendra Island. We stop en route at the Second World War battlefield of Red Hill where India Peace Memorial, the only Japanese Second World War memorial in India, is located.
- Visit the Indian National Army (INA) Memorial Complex where men of the Indian National Army (INA) hoisted the Indian tricolor flag for the first time on the Indian soil.
- Check in to the Sendra Cottage. In the evening, enjoy the breath taking view of the hundred of lamps used for fishing on the lake.
- Overnight at Sendra Cottage on the Loktak Lake or Home stay*.
* Home stay facilities are also available around the Lake.
Loktak Lake and Keibul Lamjao National Park
- Early morning, visit the core area of the Keibul Lamjao National Park, the world’s only floating National Park to see the Sangai, the brow antlered deer or the ‘dancing deer’.
- Before lunch, go for boating at the Loktak Lake to see the fishing activities, floating huts and the migratory birds. This boat ride is a photographer’s and nature lover’s delight.
- Post lunch, walk around the lake and visit a local museum on one of the islands on the lake.
- Overnight at Sendra Cottage on the Loktak Lake or Home.
- After checking out, transfer to Imphal Airport.
- We hope you take back happy memories and await your return for another exciting trip with us.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis on bed & breakfast basis.
- Transport in SUV or similar vehicles as per the itinerary
- Porter age charges
- All parking and road tolls
- Inner Line permit if required
- 5% GST
- Train / Flight fare
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Laundry, souvenirs
- Anything not mentioned in the tour cost inclusion head