First slide
Yuksom

Yuksom is a fairy

tale hamlet snugly tucked in a valley with a view of Mt. Kabru. Founded in 1641 AD, Yuksom is the first capital of Sikkim where the first Dharma King (Chogyal) was crowned by three wise monks from Tibet. Yuksom still has that “mystic old world” charm. You can find the Norbu Ghang Coronation Throne here where the first king was crowned, the Dubdi Monastery built in 1701 AD, some mighty waterfalls, a small lake, some more monasteries, and lush forests.

Explore the culinary delights of Yuksom with this tour package

Share using:


Place of Interest / Things to do
Khangchendzonga National Park

Khangchendzonga National Park - Khangchendzonga National Park also known as Biosphere Reserve is a National Park and a Biosphere reserve located in Sikkim, India. Recently in the year 2016 the park was included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, becoming the first "Mixed Heritage" site in India. The park gets its name from the mountain Khangchendzonga which is 8,586 meters  tall, the third-highest peak in the world. The total area of this park is 849.5 km2.


Kathok lake

Kathok lake – The lake in middle of Yuksom village, named after the venerated lama Kathok Kuntu Zangpo. This lake is considered to be very holy and annual prayers are offered to maintain the sanctity and purity of the lake. The entire area of the lake is surrounded by lush forest of Himalayan Chestnuts and  Alnus trees. On clear day the reflection of Mount kabru is also visible in the lake waters.

Norbugang

Norbugang – The Stone throne and the surrounding area from where the recorded history of Sikkim starts. The place where the three venerated Lams met and consecrated the first Dharma Raja (Chogyal)  of Sikkim – Phuntsog Namgyal in 1642 AD. Norbugang Chorten was established during a consecration ceremony headed by Lhatsun Chempo, the gifts received during this occasion, by Lhatsun Chempowere consigned to a Chorten.

Mani Lakhang

Mani Lakhang - This Manilakhang is located at Norbugang, Yuksam near the coronation Throne, west Sikkim. The old Manilhakhang was built by the area public in 1933 A.D. and was fully renovated in 1990. The Altar mainly contains the statues of Lord Buddha, Dolma, Gelong Namkhai Nyingpo and King Phuntshog Namgyal with small statues of three Pioneer Lamas of Sikkim who consecrated Chogyal Phuntshok Namgyal at this place.


PARTNERS
ADDRESS:
  • Near Co-Operative, Middle Sichey Gangtok, East Sikkim, India, 737101

    • booking@tourgenie.com
    • support@tourgenie.com
    • info@tourgenie.com