Refreshing Sikkim and Darjeeling TourDuration :6 days, 5 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- Upon arrival at Bagdogra/N.J.P., head towards Gangtok through NH10, with the Teesta river as the backdrop, accompanying you throughout the journey.
- Check into hotel at Gangtok. You can go for an evening stroll at M.G Marg.
- Overnight stay in Gangtok.
Gangtok Local Sightseeing
- After breakfast, you will proceed to Local Sightseeing at Gangtok which includes Tashi View Point, Ganesh Tok, Bhakthang Falls, Govt. Institute of Cottage Industries, Sikkim (Handicrafts), Namgyal Institute of Tibetlogy , Bhanjhakri Falls and Deorali Chorten to name a few.
- Evening will be at leisure
- Overnight stay at Gangtok
EXCURSION TRIP TO TSOMGO LAKE AND BABA MANDIR
- You will be travelling to Tsomgo Lake (3,000 mtrs.), 32 kms from Gangtok. Tsomgo Lake is an oval-shaped lake spanning 1 km long and is 15 mtrs deep. This lake is very sacred for the local people. You can also enjoy its mesmerizing view from the ropeway.
- You will also visit Baba Mandir, which is a distinguished sightseeing place of Sikkim. This mandir or shrine is dedicated to “Baba” Harbhajan Singh, a soldier of the Indian Army who died near Nathula Pass.
- Drive back to Gangtok
- You will spend the night at the hotel in Gangtok.
Gangtok to Darjeeling
- After Breakfast proceed to Darjeeling.
- On the way you will be visiting Temi Tea Garden
- En-route, you will be doing some more sightseeing at Namchi: Char Dham (replica of 4 holy Hindu temples), Samdruptse (118 foot statue of Guru Rinpoche, the tallest in the world), Sai mandir among others.
- Check into hotel in the evening
- Overnight stay in Darjeeling
- This day, you will wake up early and leave for Tiger Hill while its still dark. Get ready to experience a sunrise like never before. Tiger Hill is considered the best place to enjoy a sunrise in Darjeeling with a magnificent view of the Himalayas. Best time to visit Darjeeling for a great sunrise is in the winter months to summer when you have clear skies.
- On your way back visit Ghoom Monastery.
- You can also visit Batasia Loop where the toy train passes in a loop-like pattern. You get to enjoy a 360 degree view of Darjeeling’s picture perfect landscape.
- After exploring all this places early morning, enjoy a hearty breakfast and visit other attractions of Darjeeling such as: Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (please note that it's closed on Thursday) P N Zoological Park, Tenzing rock, Tibetan Refugee Self-help Centre
- Get on a ropeway, also known as Rangeet valley passenger cable car, which offers a spectacular view of the valley decorated with lush green tea gardens and dense forest and small gushing streams.
- Explore the traditional Japanese architectural style Japanese temple, which one of the major Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Darjeeling, inaugurated in the year 1972.
- In the evening feel free to go for a walk around the local market area for shopping.
- Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
- Leave for Bagdogra/N.J.P. with the mesmerizing view of tea gardens.
- Your trip concludes with lots of happy memories to go back home with
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal).
- Room on Twin sharing.
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary.
- Parking fee, Driver allowance, Road Taxes.
- All Permit charges
- 5% GST
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation will be extra cost
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary