Bhutan – The Land Of Happiness (March)Duration :7 days, 6 nights
PRICE: Starts at INR 16500/- per person
Pickup – Jaigaon/Phuentsholing (161/5 kms/4 hrs)
- We will pick you up from Bagdogra airport or NJP railway station and drive you to Jaigaon/Phuentsholing. If we make it on time, you’ll check in to Hotel Everest (or someplace similar) in Phuentsholing, Bhutan or at a hotel in Jaigaon.
Phuentsholing – Thimphu (147.2 kms/4 hrs)
- You’ll be ascending to an altitude of 7710 ft today to reach the capital city of Thimphu. After checking in to a lovely hotel (either Chophel Norkhye, Santi Deva, Singye, or someplace similar), you’re in for a visual treat as you’re driven to see the statuesque Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion).
- Retire for the evening at your hotel.
Thimphu – Punakha (84 kms/2.5 hrs)
- This is going to be a day full of exploration. We’ve got some cool places lined up for you. You’ll first visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha statue), National Memorial Chorten (monument), and Folk Heritage Museum. In the afternoon, you’ll visit Sangaygang View Point, Changangkha Monastery, and Takin
- Preserve Centre (home to the national animal of Bhutan). Post lunch, we’re going to peel you away from the beauty of Thimphu and drive you to Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan and the winter residence of Je-Khenpo and King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck. On the way, you’ll make a stop at Dochu-La-Pass (3150 mts) to view the higher Himalayas; a view so breathtaking, it’ll be etched in your mind forever.
- At Punakha, you’ll check in to a delightful Bhutanese hotel (either Hotel Kinten, Hotel Village, Hotel Phunsum, or similar) for the night.
Punakha/Wangdue – Paro (125.8 kms/3.5 hrs)
- Wake up to the scenic beauty of Punakha. After a modern/traditional breakfast, you'll be taken to see Punakha Dzong, a 17th-century fortress situated at the juncture of the Pho and Mo Chhu rivers. It is the most beautiful dzong in the country and is especially a sight to behold during spring, when the jacaranda trees are flush with lilac blooms.
- After spending time at Punakha Dzong, it’s time to head to the historic town of Paro. Once at Paro, check in to your hotel (Tashi Lhading Resort, Samdincholing, Hotel KK, or similar) and spend the rest of your day at leisure. We advise you to get a good night’s rest as you have a 2-3 hr hike coming up the next day.
Haven’t we all gushed over pictures and postcards of the cliffside monastery called Tiger’s Nest? Well, it’s time to get featured in one yourself. Get ready to hike up to this magnificent monastery this morning. You’ll also visit Drukgyel Dzong and Kyichu Monastery.
Paro – Chele La Pass - Jaigaon/Phuentsholing (147 kms/4 hrs)
- Nothing can prepare you to the views you’ll get to see this morning, as you drive through a thickly forested road leading up to Chele La Pass, the highest motorable road pass. The pass provides stunning views of the sacred mountain Jhomolhari and Jichu Drake. You’ll also be able to see cascades of wild roses, purple and yellow primulas, and swathes of deep blue iris covering the forest floor
- Lock all the beautiful sights in your mind as we drive you back to Phuentsholing.
- Overnight stay will be in Phuentsholing.
- We’ll drive you to Bagdogra airport or N.J.P. railway station. We hope you take back happy memories and await your return for another exciting trip with us.
- Meet & greet upon arrival
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary in Tata Sumo/Innova /Toyota H/Similar
- (vehicle will not be at your disposal)
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary
- Double occupancy rooms and extra Mattress can be accommodated
- Breakfast and dinner
- All taxes & expenditures
- Sightseeing entry fees, Camera fee or any up-gradation charges
- Medical facilities
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter tip, etc
- Monument entrance fee/camera fees
- Refreshment and bottled drinks and Alcohol
- Entry fee for Museum and Monastery
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” heads.
- Cost for airfare, train fare or any other internal fare.