Bhutan Culture Tour - Festival TourDuration :6 days, 5 nights
PRICE: On Request
Arrival in Paro -Thimphu (1.5 Hr)
- Fly on the wings of Dragon to the international airport in Paro, Bhutan. On a clear day, the panoramic views of the Himalaya are sensational, including Everest (if you are flying from Delhi and Kathmandu), but particularly exciting is the approach through the Bhutanese foothills and the landing, including a few steep turns to land at the tiny airstrip of Paro.
- On arrival in Paro you will be received by Ar-ring Tours and Treks team and drive to Thimphu by private vehicle.
- Depending on arrival time, we can proceed for city sightseeing or relax in the hotel.
- In the evening we will explore the city by foot or visit Tashichho Dzong, which houses throne room of His Majesty the King. Overnight in Thimphu,altitude 2400m
Stay Details : Bhutan Kitchen , Thimphu / Similar
- In the morning, we will visit handmade paper mill, School of Arts and crafts (closed on Sundays,government holidays) where students learn 13 different arts used predominantly in Bhutan and national library.
- After lunch, we will visit memorial chorten built in memory of the 3rd King, Buddha viewpoint, Changangkha Lhakhang(the oldest temple in the valley), Zoo(National animal,Takin are kept and Zilukha Nunnery). Overnight in Thimphu
Thimphu to Punakha (3 Hrs)
- After breakfast, we will prepare to drive to warm valley of Punakha over the most beautiful pass in the country called Dochula pass at 3150m,108 Druk Wangyel Chortens built over the pass by Queen Mother in 2003 marks the pass more important and beautiful thus the pass is one of the must visit passes in Bhutan.
- If the weather permits, we can enjoy a spectacular view of the highest mountains of Bhutan at a sight that stretches almost 180 degrees. After a photo break, we will continue our drive downhill from the pass. En-route we will take awesome walk through the rice field of Mesina to Chimi Lhakhang,Temple of fertility.
- Afternoon, we will visit the most beautiful Punakha Dzong, which houses the most elaborate temple in the country. The Dzong, showcase the finest example of the arts and crafts of Bhutan. Overnight in Punakha, altitude 1350m
Punakha to Paro (4.5 Hrs)
- After breakfast, we will check out from the hotel and retrace the drive to Paro. On arrival in Paro, we will visit the National Museum, the first of its kind which has a collection from natural history to religious paintings. Will visit 17 century Paro Dzong (Fortress) on foot and continue walking through the oldest wooden bridge still in use.
- Evening stroll old Paro town and peep into some local handicraft stores or we will provide the options to enjoy other activities while in Paro. Overnight in Paro, altitude 2200m
- After breakfast, we will drive to Ramthangka from where we will hike to Taktsang Monastery or often called Tiger Nest Temple which is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (also known as Guru Padmasambhava) meditated.
- The eighth century old monastery is perched on a rock overlooking a sheer drop and clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 900m above the valley floor.The hike is almost 2 hours walk, uphill at 30 to 40 degree inclined for an average hiker however we might take full day depending on your pace.
- First of half of the hike which we pull-up, up to the cafeteria feels never ending however from the halfway due to magical structure right inform us, we are all energized to push further and you actually feel very near.
- Finally you are done and filled with joys of happiness to be at Taktshang. For the return journey, we actually feel like walking down very fast.
- After the lovely hike, you need to have a relaxing massage at the hotel/enjoy dipping yourself into the hot stone bath (both available on extra cost). Overnight in Paro.
- Proceed towards your onward destination filled with happy memories.
- Great memories and Happy Journey.
- Thank you for Visiting Us.
- Breakfast and accommodation
- All permits and guide fees
- All taxes
- Entry fees
- Parking charges
- Room heater
- Other activities, food and snacks unless indicated in itinerary