Splendid Assam-Meghalaya Tour PackageDuration :6 days, 5 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
Guwahati – Shillong (Assam - Meghalaya)
- Your North East Tour Package begins with your arrival at Guwahati airport, where you will be received by our representative and transferred to Shillong (130 kms / 3 hrs drive).
- Enroute stop at the scenic view point of the Umiam lake (one of the famous tourist places, the largest man-made lake in Northeast India)
- Reach Shillong and check into hotel, after refreshment explore the local night markets of Shillong.
- Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong is the capital and hill station of Meghalaya, also known as "The Abode of Clouds", one of the smallest states in India. It is the headquarters of the East Khasi Hills district and is situated at an average altitude of 4,908 feet above sea level, with the highest point being Shillong Peak at 6,449 feet. Shillong is the 330th most populous city in India with population of 143,007 according to the 2011 census. It is said that the rolling hills around the town reminded the European settlers of Scotland. Hence, they would also refer to it as the "Scotland of the East".
Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong (Meghalaya)
- Today after breakfast we set to explore Shillong and Cherrapunjee (56kms/02hrs drive)
- We will visit tourist places like the Elephant falls and then drive further to Cherrapunjee.
- At Cherrapunjee we visit the Nohkalikai Falls (the fourth highest falls in the world), Mawsmai Cave, Seven Sister Fall and Danthlen Falls.
- After exploring for the day return back to hotel.
- Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong – Mawllynnong – Dawki - Shillong
- Today after breakfast we start our day for a day long excursion to Mawlynnong village (90 kms / 03 hrs drive from Shillong)
- You will leave at 8:00 a.m. and reach Mawlynnong at around 11 a.m. and explore the cleanest village in Asia
- We will also experience the wonder of the Khasi war Tribes – The Single Decker living Root Bridge at Riwai village.
- Also experience the panoramic view of the Bangladesh from 85 ft high sky walk made of bamboo by the locals.
- After exploring the village we can drive to Dawki village (12 kms from the village)
- You can go for a boat ride in Umgot river bordering India and Bangladesh, also known as crystal clear lake.
- Drive back to hotel.
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
NOTE: We suggest you to get lunch packed from hotel.
Mawlynnong Village located in the East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya, also referred as ‘God’s own garden’ has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia in 2003. The village known for its cleanliness is located around 90 kms from Shillong and is a community based eco-tourism initiative. The community has made collective effort to maintain the ambience of a clean village. The village offers picturesque natural beauty, a trek to the living root bridge at a neighboring village Riwai. The village also offers a sight of natural balancing rock, a strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock.
Shillong– Guwahati (Meghalaya - Assam)
- Today after breakfast visit the Don Bosco Museum and Cathedral of Marry in Shillong
- After that drive down to Guwahati
- Check into hotel.
- In the evening, visit Handloom and Handicraft centre at Ambari.
- Overnight at Guwahati.
- Today after breakfast drive to KamakhyaTemple.
- After visitng temple, drive to Sualkuchi silk village (40kms/4hrs)
- You will also visit Hajo Temple.
- Then drive back to Guwahati
- Evening will be at leisure.
- Overnight at Guwahati.
Hajo is an ancient pilgrimage centre for three religions: Hindus, Buddhists, and Muslims. It lies on the banks of the Brahmaputra River, 24 km from the city of Guwahati in the Kamrup district of Assam, India. The area is dotted with a number of ancient temples as well as other sacred artifacts. The Hayagriva Madhava Mandir is the most famous temple of Hajo.
Sualkuchi is the textile center of Assam. Muga silk and Pat silk along with Eri silk and Endi clothes from this region are famous for its quality. Mekhela Chadors and Gamusas are made from this indigenous materials are in demand throughout Assam as well as other parts of India.
Guwahati - Airport drop (Assam)
- After breakfast drive to Guwahati airport towards your onward destination
- Return home with happy memories and a desire to return for more adventures
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal).
- Room on Twin sharing.
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary.
- Parking fee, Driver allowance, Road Taxes.
- All Permit charges.
- 5% GST
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation will be extra cost
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary