Memorable Assam-Meghalaya Tour PackageDuration :5 days, 4 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
- Arrive at Guwahati airport, received and transferred to Shillong (130 kms / 3 hrs drive).
- Enroute stop at the scenic view point of the Umiam lake (one of the famous tourist places, the largest man-made lake in Northeast India)
- Reach Shillong and check into hotel, after refreshment explore places in and around the local night markets of Shillong.
- Overnight at Shillong.
- Today after breakfast we set to explore Shillong and Cherrapunjee (56kms/02hrs drive)
- We will visit tourist places like the Elephant falls and then drive further to Cherrapunjee.
- At Cherrapunjee we visit the Nohkalikai Falls (the fourth highest falls in the world), Mawsmai Cave, Seven Sister Fall and Danthlen Falls.
- After exploring for the day return back to hotel.
- Overnight at Shillong.
- Today after breakfast we start our day for a day long excursion to Mawlynnong village (90 kms / 03 hrs drive from Shillong)
- You will leave at 8:00 a.m. and reach by 11 a.m.
- Reach Mawlynnong and explore the cleanest village in Asia, we will also experience the wonder of the Khasi war Tribes – The Single Decker living Root Bridge at Riwai village.
- Also experience the panoramic view of the Bangladesh from 85 ft high sky walk made of bamboo by the locals.
- After exploring the village we can drive to Dawki village (12 kms from the village), and go for a Boat ride in Umgot river bordering India and Bangladesh, also known as crystal clear lake.
- Drive back to hotel
- Overnight stay in Shillong.
Note: It is advisable to carry packed lunch to Mawlynnong
Mawlynnong village, situated 90 kms ahead of Shillong on the Shillong-Dawki Road, 30 kms from Pynursla, is a village of 75 households with a population of 400. An idyllic location, this village epitomizes a standard, which all other villages need to aspire to be. Dubbed the cleanest village in India by Discover India Magazine, the primary Village School till class V boasts of its no dropout record and the village of 90 % literacy. Paved walkways and beautiful flowerbed all along mark the village, with waterfalls, *a living root bridge, hilly rivulets, acacia plantation and an excellent view of the faraway plains of Bangladesh all contribute to the ambience of this village. Farming of betel nut & leaves, broomsticks and pepper along with bee rearing are the primary economic activity of this Village and with the village headman himself taking the responsibility of making visitors comfortable, a day in this village gives an insight into the life of the Khasis, the influence of the Church and its metamorphosis.
- Today after breakfast visit the Don Bosco Museum and Cathedral of Marry in Shillong
- After that drive down to Guwahati
- Check into Hotel and later drive to Maa Kamakhya Temple.
- In the evening, visit Handloom and Handicraft centre at Ambari.
- Overnight at Guwahati.
Guwahati - Airport drop (Assam)
- After breakfast drive to Guwahati airport towards your onward destination
- Return home with happy memories and a desire to return for more adventures
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal).
- Room on Twin sharing.
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary.
- Parking fee, Driver allowance, Road Taxes.
- All Permit charges.
- 5% GST
- Travel Insurance
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any up-gradation will be extra cost
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” head
- Cost for airfare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary