Explore Majuli and Kaziranga National ParkDuration :6 days, 5 nights
PRICE: Starts at INR-41500/- per person
- After your arrival at Jorhat airport, you will be checked in to a hotel.
- Overnight stay in Jorhat.
- After having your breakfast, drive to Nimatighat (18 kms to ferry ghat) and then take a public ferry to reach Majuli (approx 1 ½ hrs on ferry).
- Overnight halt in Majuli.
Majuli is the largest freshwater mid-river deltoid island in the world. It is situated in the upper reaches of the river Brahmaputra in Assam, endowed with rich heritage and has been the abode of the neo-Vaishnavite culture. The island is a biodiversity hotspot and has rich ecology with rare species of flora and fauna. Majuli for the past five centuries has been the cultural capital of Assam. The main depositories of cultural and spiritual heritage are the Sattras, which are just like Gurukul (hermitages) of yore. From the time of the great Vaishnavite renaissance of 14th and 15th century AD, under Srimanta Sankardeva, Srimanta Madhab Deva, and other saints, this island became the seat of Vaishnavite religion, art, and culture
Majuli is equally famous for tribal folk culture and heritage. It is said to be the cradle of missing Deori cultures. The antique social customs of indigenous Assamese society are in practice only in the Sattras of Majuli in lineage system. In the sattra institutions of Majuli, there is ample scope for learning every faculty required for leading a cleansing successful life.
- After breakfast, you can visit the Sattras in and around Majuli.
- Overnight stay in Majuli.
MAJULI – KAZIRANGA
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel and take the return ferry to Nimatighat.
- Later transfer to Kaziranga (100 kms/2 hrs drive).
- Overnight stay in Kaziranga.
- In the heart of Assam, covering an area of 430 sq kms, you will find the habitat of the world's largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses as well as many mammals including tigers, elephants, panthers, and bears and thousands of birds. In 1985, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its unique natural environment.
Note: This is for your information that elephant ride and jeep safari and forest entry are regulated and controlled by the forest dept. Govt. of Assam. As such we do not have any control for booking of elephant seats and entry by jeeps
- After breakfast, enjoy the park on a jeep during the day and in the evening visit the famous tea gardens and local villages.
- Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
- Leave for Jorhat airport after breakfast
- Your trip concludes. Head back home with lots of pictures and awesome memories.
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary (vehicle will not be at your disposal)
- Accommodation on the mentioned hotels for duration mentioned in the itinerary
- One round of jeep safari in Kaziranga, including all park entry fees
- Public ferry charges to and from Majuli
- Extra Sumo at Majuli
- Meals on CP / MAP / AP basis
- GST@5% or as applicable
- Sightseeing entry fees, guide charge, camera fee, any upgradation charges
- Elephant ride at Kaziranga
- Cost for evening snacks & tea
- Cost for service not mentioned under the “cost includes” heads
- Cost for air fare, train fare, or any other internal fare
- Personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, mineral water, porter, tip etc
- Difference in cost arising due to change in fuel price
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than scheduled mentioned in the itinerary