Brahmaputra River CruiseDuration :3 days, 2 nights
PRICE : Make enquiry to get price
(SETS SAIL AT 14:00 HOURS)
- Arrive at Guwahati International Airport and with packed lunch we drive to the Kamakhya Temple, one of the major places to visit in Guwahati. After the Temple visit, we drive towards Pandu Port where the Cruise ship awaits us. After the essential safety briefing and a short presentation on the Peacock Island that is famous for its highly endangered Golden Langur, we check into our cabins.
- All gather on the open deck to enjoy the first sail and scan the river for a fleeting sight of the Gangetic Dolphins. We visit the Peacock Island and return to where we enjoy a talk on 'Kamakhya and the Occult in Assam'.
- An evening in the Soma Lounge followed by the ‘Kamrup Swaagat Bhoj’—a sit down welcome dinner completes the day.
- Overnight onboard (packed L, D)
- We enjoy Yoga on the deck for an hour and move on to breakfast, while heads on through the hills towards an island that is occupied predominantly by a bangla speaking Muslim community who are involved in extensive farming. After breakfast talk on 'Assam, its geographical location in the national and international context and how it is acclaiming recognition. After the visit to this village we return to the ship for lunch and sail towards Orang Point.
- A talk on 'The River Brahmaputra and the tribal life over a cup of tea and some snacks.
- We anchor at a deserted island for the evening and enjoy sitting around a bonfire to indulge in barbequed snacks.
- Overnight onboard (B, L, D)
- The cruise ship sails early and we enjoy Yoga on the deck and move on for breakfast and for a talk on 'Wild life in Kaziranga and wild life in India'.
- We sail on for the next couple of hours and enjoy a relaxed lunch and reach Silghat. After a talk on ‘Tea and Jute in Assam’, we take a short drive to Kaliabore Tea Estate which is a vast expanse of undulating estate with tea bushes. We proceed to the tea factory to see the process of finally producing Assam Tea and coming to terms with ‘all that goes into preparing a cup-of-tea. (The tea factory is not operational from mid- December to mid -February as the tea is at its dormant stage during this time of the year).
- After visiting Tea Estate departure transfer to onward destination by on your own (B, L).
• Accommodation at M.V Mahabaahu on twin sharing basison a full board plan.
• All Entrance fees at the Monuments as per the itinerary.
• 1 Glass of Domestic wine/beer with Welcome dinners.
• All excursions/lectures/performances and activities as per the itinerary.
• Services of English speaking naturalist / Destination Manager during sightseeing at all the visit as per the itinerary.
• Assistance on Arrival transfers with Representative at the airport and Land transport by Air-Conditioned vehicles.
• Expense of personal nature like laundry, telephone/fax calls, internet, imported wines & spirits, camera/video camera fee at monuments/National Park, medical expenses, Salon/massages, airport departure tax etc.
• Any further tax levied by the government of India.
• Evacuation charges in case of medical emergencies, insurance is available on request.
• Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and airplanes delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions, political disturbances, taxes, lost luggage, etc.
• Govt. service tax 5 %
• International & Domestic Air fares.
• Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
• Supplement would be applicable for Christmas and New Year Ever Dinner.
• Any Departure Transfer from Silghat or Tea State.